Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“I’m home!” I yelled as I shut the door behind me, and took my sunglasses off, placing them on the hallway table as I passed it.

Sighing, I realised there was no one home. As usual. Running a hand through my hair, I trudged upstairs to my room and chucked my bag down by my desk. There was nothing to do.

“Crud!” I hissed as I realised the camera was in the bag I’d just carelessly thrown down on the floor. I dropped to my knees and took it out, letting my breath out in relief as I realised it was fine. “That’s it!” I muttered to myself, smiling a little.

I opened the camera and switched it on, recording my bedroom and spinning around in the same spot slowly. “This,” I smiled, talking a bit louder so the camera’s speaker picked up my voice. “Is my beautiful bedroom. And I,” I brought the camera round and recorded myself. “Am Dee Watts.”

I cleared my throat and grinned goofily at how stupid I sounded. “This is going to be my video diary for the next few weeks. I suck at writing diaries. Maybe I’ll be better at recording my diary. So here goes nothing!” I took a deep breath and sat on my bed, closing the camera.

I felt like strange, talking to no one. I couldn’t do this right now. And besides- I had lots of time to complete the project.

“Anyone home?” Drew’s voice floated upstairs and I didn’t bother replying. He wouldn’t care. Instead, I crept into my wardrobe and closed the doors behind me. I fit into it perfectly, with some room left. Through the small hole I’d made a few years ago, I eyed Drew through the doorway.

He was singing a song and playing the guitar whilst dancing. He was actually pretty good at all three. I paid attention to the words of the song, and almost fainted with shock when I realised he was singing one of my songs, just how I’d have wanted someone to sing it.

Just a light, On the horizon

Look now, There’s the Sun

It seems to be smiling at me…” he spun around and strummed the guitar…with his eyes closed!

Oh my gosh! He could play the guitar with his eyes closed, dance attractively and sing perfectly at the same time. It was impossible. How could anyone be so perfect? If any other girl had been in my position, they would’ve fainted right about now.

Drew danced straight into his room, and the music stopped. After about a minute, he snuck out of his room and tiptoed into my bedroom. Once he realised I wasn’t here (but I was hiding in my wardrobe), he began singing again, looking around.

He studied my desk curiously, his fingers brushing over the many books and pens, stopping on my  songbook. I almost gasped out loud, but I couldn’t stop myself from falling to the door and tumbling out.

Drew froze and stared at me in shock as I got up and snatched my songbook from his hands.

“That’s mine.” I stated boldly. “Stay the hell out of my room!”

He smirked and made a grab for the book, but I moved out of the way, and he fell on my bed, twisting at the last moment so he landed on his back. Suddenly, just as he hit the bed, he grasped my wrist and I dropped the book in surprise, toppling onto the bed with him-but landing on his chest.

If I ducked my head a few centimetres, we would’ve kissed. His brown eyes were serious, and his hands reached up to cup my cheeks, leaning his head in-

“Ah!” I shrieked, holding my head and falling off the bed, onto the floor, on my back. I lay like that, bringing my knees up, for a minute while Drew laughed and massaged his own head.