Mixed Feelings

Bre's POV

We we almost at the front on the line of people waiting for the Gyrosphere. More than once I had to look around aimlessly trying to pretend I hadn't caught Zach looking at me . At first I was annoyed and turned my back to him pretending to be interested in the scenery but after a couple of times I found myself staring back at him, losing myself in his alluring brown eyes. I smiled at him, then realized who I was smiling at and once again my mind ruined the moment.

"Next" the ride operator called sounding very bored. The three of us walked towards the platform but as I was about to pass the gate, the guy held me back.

"Hey two people per ride, you'll have to wait"

"Come on dude just let her on it's not a big deal." Zach reasoned.

"Sorry bro, I can't let your girlfriend on the ride"

Zach smiled wide and Gray giggled. "I'm not his girlfriend" I corrected.

"Well, either way you can't go on this ride"

"Fine, I'll make you an offer" I sighed "I can tell you don't really like this job, I'll get you a better job at the park if you let me on the ride."

"Sounds great but how are you gonna do that"

"My dad is Mr. Masrani"

"Woah really, ok fine you can go on the ride"

"Thank you"

"I'm kidding, you have no idea how many people try that same line"

"Fine" I scowled at him as I reached into my pocket and pulled out a $20 bill. "Here" I handed the bill to him. He smiled at the bill and open the gate.

I walked past him and onto the platform. Then I realized why it was two per ride. Contrary to what I thought, the ride had two individual chairs rather that one large
couch-like chair. Zach gave me a devilish grin.

"Gray, how would you like to sit on my lap" I asked with slight desperation.

"I'd rather sit in my own chair, but thanks for the offer" he replied.

"Bre, how would you like to sit in my lap" Zach asked.

"Um" I mumbled hesitantly, looking back at the growing line up. I sighed "Fine". I walked off the platform and climbed into the Gyrosphere. I sat awkwardly on his lap and he cleared his throat. I could tell he was enjoying this. I reached for the control stick and Zach did to. I tried not to smile and attempted to pull my hand from his grasp. However the vehicle started to move so I forgot about getting my one hand back and focused on studying my whole body with the other hand. Unfortunately to steady myself I grabbed Zach's thigh. He let out a groan of shock and slight pain due to my manicured nails clawing into him. Embarrassed I let go quickly and put my hands in my lap. "I really wish Gray would have just sat with me, he normally picks up on my subtle hints, I wonder why he didn't this time". Then I looked over at him, he was smiling at my hand currently under Zach's and that's when I got the picture. I can maybe fight against Zach but not if his brother is going to help him. That doesn't mean I'm giving up though.

We drove for a bit and then found many herds of dinosaurs. They were feeding peacefully in a field. As we drove some of them started to run, following us. More started running and soon we were driving through a stampede of dinosaurs. Gray's eyes lit up and he started naming the different types dinosaurs running around us. I smiled. "It's beautiful" I whispered. Zach rapped his arm around me and hugged me. I leaned into his chest and closed my eyes. I enjoyed it feeling for a second then it was over, for some reason he had let go. I opened my eyes and saw a large broken down gate in front of me.