Chapter 2 ~ Departure

You chose A) Read a book.

Resolving to spend your time reading, you pull out your favourite novel and soak in the oh so familiar words. Before you know it, your flight is called to board. Flashing your boarding pass, you make your way down a tunnel and onto the plane. You walk down the aisle until you find your seat, 26C, on the aisle.

After placing your one carry-on bag under the seat in front of yours, you pull out the emergency safety instructions card. The laminated piece of paper is filled with the colour illustrations and diagrams that you study carefully.

You're not a worry wort, though. You're just....cautious.

Smartly dressed air hostesses take their positions in the aisle for the flight safety demonstration. You watch intently as the crew point out exits and you count the number of rows from your seat to the exits in front and behind you. The closest is behind. The hostesses move to the rear of the plane and the world outside the window to my left starts to move. A few minutes of towing later, the engines start to roar with anticipation for take off.

You grip the hand rests.

Then, as the plane takes flight, so do the butterflies in your stomach. Strange as it is, the sensation fills you with a feeling of excitement and amazement at the sheer possibility of human flight. It's something you don't think you'll ever tire of, despite the guarantee of  increasingly frequent air-travel, given your new job. Just last month, you were hired at Every Eye Journals as a journalist. Your specialty is in international affairs; hence, the travel. You are on your first assignment: an article on rumoured discord between Haitian refugees and American citizens and government.

With the ground far below, the seat belt signs switch off with a bing and you decide to...
A) Revise your assignment & prepare. You are kinda nervous...
B) Sleep
C) Make conversation
D) Eavesdrop

Thanks everyone who is reading this - I'm so excited!
Now, I'm wondering, should I give "you" (the main character) a gender? Normally you don't but maybe I could better build relationships between the characters this way... Let me know what you think about this when you comment please - be honest!

PrincessGala xxx