The tryouts trialathon (part 2 )

"Stan, what if I'm not on the list?" Lily asked me tearfully, the next day, Even though the tryouts had gone by without a hitch.

"You were amazing Lilith, chill! I'd give you a 10 on 10 and if I had my way and sign you up for USA's gymnastic team." I told her, slinging my arm over her shoulder.

She smiled wistfully and muttered, If you had your way, Stan, you'd buy me a castle by the beach made entirely out of pink marble, make me the owner of dolce and gabbanna and Channel, and you' d make sure I get a room, full of shoes. "

"Yeah about that castle, can I get you a penthouse instead, cause castles are kind of hard to come by."

She laughed and I squeezed her shoulder. I couldn't bear to see her sad.

" Lolita, are you ready?!" Andy said, coming up to us and slinging her arm over lily.

" I don't know."

"Chill it's going to be okay!" Sam said, putting his hands on her shoulders.

She blushed while I rolled my eyes. Then the four of us walked towards the notice board, our fingers crossed.

Lily took a deep breath and went down the names on the list. Then she let out a squeal of excitement, turned and tackled me in a hug. I beamed at her with pride.

Andy and Sam hugged us from behind as all of us celebrated lily's joy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------.

Sam and ' ANDY' were trying out for the soccer team that afternoon. I had been pretty shocked to hear the news, but there was no rule that said girls couldn't take part , so I guess my shock was uncalled for.

I had always wondered how, Sam, as gangly as he was managed to be ferndale high's best goalkeeper in over a decade. They do say that curiosity killed the cat, and well! My curiosity was the reason I sat in the bleachers after school with Lily watching a game I never understood.

Sam turned out to be a magnet for the hurtling ball. To say he had good reflexes was the understatement of the century. Nobody could get a goal past him, that is of course except Andy.

She was like Flash, from justice league, zipping around the field, dribbling the ball with such force that I was worried SAM's head would snap right off. Together Sam and Andy were the "Whitwhity twins of doom! "

So it wasn't a surprise when both of them were instantly on the team. Even jackass Tyler Martin knew better than letting his ego get in the way.

------------------------------------------.

After the game, Lily ran to tend to cut on Sam's lip, while Andy came and sat down next to me on the bleachers, dripping sweat.

"So....?" Andy asked.

"You were AMA_ZINGITY ZING!!! ANDY!!!" i yelled, giving her an awkward side-hug. She chuckled.

"So I've been meaning to ask you...." she said, instantly serious.

"Hmmm?"

"Why did you agree to be Sam's friend at such short notice?"

"Wha...uhhh..no...ahhh..."

"Do you think I'm an idiot, Stan?"

" NO, I don't think you're an idiot."

" What exactly do you think I'm like, Glacey?" She asked, a bored expression on her face.

" Honestly?"

"Honestly."

" Well I think you are a rich, spoilt, slut that is covered in tattoos and loves smoking....."