What?!?

When he first walked in he didn't see me. Then he did, I've know Tate since we were in the 9th grade, which was fine, I mean we were friends. Then we weren't. I was the new kid so I didn't know anybody, then in the middle of biology I was brought in to class. First day and everybody's looking at me so I just kind of wave at the class while the teacher talks to the principle about my schedule. When they where done talking, the teacher told me where to sit.  "Okay Sabrina your gonna be sitting by Tate." I scanned the room nervously then looked back at her confused. "Tate  raise your hand so she knows where to sit." Then I see a hand go up in the back of the room. "Okay" I lightly say under my breath, then take my seat at the table next to the guy in the light blue T-shirt. He looks over and gives a genuine smile, which calms my nerves a little. " Hey, I'm Tate, but I guess you already figured that out." His eyes were brown like chocolate but with a splash of Carmel to make any girl melt a little. "Uhh, hi. I'm Sabrina." As I spoke I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks so I quickly looked down to my lap. He made me nervous and I had just met him. This was going to be an interesting semester. Over time we began to get more comfortable with each other until the last month of the school year. We were sitting in class when I decided to write him a note.

Tate we need to talk. Meet me here after lunch. It's important.

Then I handed him the note, when he read it he just looked at me with his dorky smile and nodded . The next period went by fast, then to lunch. I met with my friends Allison and Dylan at our usual table and we talked about our summer plans and how we were going to celebrate being out of school for the summer. Then I looked over to Tate's group, he only had a few friends and they weren't exactly "cool". Tate was cute but he didn't have the popularity yet. He was still my friend. When we met in the bio room after lunch, it was awkward so he broke the silence by asking me what's up. "Well I wanted to talk to you because the end of the year is coming and I want to ask you something." "Okay shoot" " well are we going to be friends next year?" His hand automatically shot up to the back of his neck and he rubbed nervously , then he started. "Okay, look I've never been popular before, and I'm gonna be first string quarter back next year. So I think that it would be better if we don't, but only because i met this guy named named Derek and he's really cool, so I'm gonna start hanging out with his group." Then I noticed that I was on the brink of crying but instead of letting him see me weak I looked at him, said "okay" and walked to the girls bathroom. I heard him follow me at first and then he just started to walk the other way. Once I was in the bathroom I realized that I was alone and I started to cry, until I remembered that he was just a guy. A guy that I now hated. The guy that left me to be popular.

BACK TO PRESENT

"Oh, sorry the lady at the desk said I could come in. I needed to talk to you about tutoring, but I can just come back." He started to turn to pull the door back open when I heard Mrs.D say something.
" wait! It's okay, actually I was just talking to Sabrina here about tutoring." He let out a chuckle then added, "yeah right, she's the biggest nerd at this school. There's no way she needs a tutor."I kind of sunk in my chair then shot back at him. If he wanted to play this game, I could play. "Yeah, dick face over  here should know. He cheats off my papers constantly." Then his hand went up to his neck as he thought of what to say when mrs.d cut in by saying "hey, you two cut it out. First of all no Tate she doesn't need a tutor she is one and second of all y'all should learn how to get along because now she's your tutor."we both looked at her and then at each other with a terrible look plastered on our faces. Then I stood up and said "what! No. No. No. No! I'm not tutoring him, I can hardly stand to be in the same room as him let alone tutor him. So I'm not doing it." This time mrs.d stood up and you could tell she was pissed but so was I. " You will do as I say or else you will BOTH get suspended which for you Sabrina won't look good to a college and I don't think that your couch will be happy about you missing football Tate, and I don't know how well the collage scouters will take that either. So you will tutor him, and you will listen to her. Do I make myself clear?" We both nod at her trying to not make eye contact. "Okay now get out of my office and make a schedule." She was mad but I had to ask her a question still. "Wait!" I said before I could stop myself. I saw Tate was already at the door and so I continued," umm, how am I supposed to tutor Tate when I still have to come here almost everyday?" She let out a breath and then made eye contact with me and smiled. " look I'll make your appointments with me move to where there only once a week and then we can move from there. But that means you guys do tutoring everyday after school. Okay?" I was okay. Not exactly happy but okay. She was really nice when you weren't fighting with her and she had helped me so I just smiled and nodded and said "thank you."

NOTE:
I know it's short but it's just the beginning so just work with me please.
       ~LOVE YA,
                 KK