Chapter Two: The Ecsape

The kids all sit up and turn on the light. Xavier gets out of bed and look through his cloths. "Here D" he sats as he throws a pair of pants to Damion. "Thanks" Damion says. "I'm scared" Monica says quietly. "scared? what do you mean you're scared?" Chance says in a loud tone. "Well, where are we going to go and how are we going to eat. What if something happens to one of us, there's a whole big world out there. What if we get out in it and never see eachother again" Monica says. "What if i lose you guys?" Monica was always the one to think of what if's i guess you could say it was her thing. "What if we stay here with Ms.Anne for another day and go crazy?" Xavier says staring at Monica blankly. 

    "Can we just go?" Chance asks. "OPen the window Malik". Malik goes and opens the window "Yo, it's raining" he says. "Your point?" Xavier says folding his arms and cocking his head to the side. "I;m sorry but i'm not going out there in the rain" Taylor says sitting on her bed "me either" Ciara agrees. "Well then stay here i guess" Xavier says "I don't have time for this". "YOU don't have time for this" Malik questions. "I didn't mean it like that, just come on the rain is slowing down". The boys jump out the window first, then the girls. The yard of the Foster Home is silent, not even the sound of crickets can be heard.

    "What now?" Madison asks. "I have ten dollars and fifty cents if he get hungry" Malik says. "wow, ten dollars that's sooooo much money" Taylor says sarcastically. "Don't be an ass Taylor" Chance says shooting her a dirty look. "She won't be being an ass when she's hungry" Malik says shrugging his shoulders lightly. As the kids get to the front gate an alarm goes off and dogs begin to bark. "what was that!" Monica yells. "run!" Xavier screams. Everyone runs to the gate and jumps over, except Monica. "I can't! Help me!" she screams. "Monica jump!" Xavier screams back. "I'm trying!". The barks begin to get closer and Monica begins to cry

    "Don't let them get me Xavier!" she screams as she tries to jump. Xavier climbs back onto the fence and grabs Monica's hand just as the dogs rech the fence. Monica is pulled to the ground and begins crying even harder. Xavier pulls her into a tight hug "It's alright, It's over" he whispers, As Xavier breaks like hug the girls rush over to Monica "are you okay!?" ciara asks as she checks Monica for scratches of any kind. Just as Monica calms down Ms.Anne comes running out of the Foster Home with a night gown and hair rollers in her hair. "Get your asses back in the home now!" she screams as she comes running to the gate. The kid's eyes grow wide as the run away into the darkness.

    "I can't see anything!" Chance complains. "Me either" Damion agrees. "Xavier, where are we going to go?" Monica says looking up at Xavier. "We'll find somewhere to go" he reassures. "Has anyone ever wondered what life would be like if we were with our birth parents?" Damion says breaking the long awkward silence. "all the time" Chance replies. "No" malik says lowly. "why not?" Monica asks. "They gave me away right after i was born. They did this to me, now i'm all fucked up and running away from a foster home i should have never been put in in the first place!" malik says. You could hear the pain and anger in his voice. "well Monica and i know how you feel" xavier says

    "They just left me there like i was nothing, like i didn't matter to them. I'm their son god dammit i think i deserve better!" he screams as tears flow down his now red cheeks. "don't cry" ciara whispers as she wipes the tears off his cheeks softly.