One

Brandon and I are happy being married. It was always my dream to get married to a nice and wonderful guy. I wanted to get married when I turned eight... But, still. I'm happy where I am!

The kids are good; Alexis is now six and Josh is seven. They both can talk fine but, Josh goes to see a therapist every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I guess he's been having dreams about me and Brandon getting a divorce and then we fight over who gets him and Alexis. I guess him and Alexis were taken away from me. Josh tells us everything, but I think it's best that he tells a therapist instead.

Anyways, after Brandon and I graduated high school, we went to college and I am now working as a veterinarian while Brandon works as a police officer. It's best that Brandon is a police officer, that way I'm not worried about the kids; even though they're going to school all day.

Tomorrow, Josh is going to a birthday party with his friend, Alex, and Alexis is going swimming with her friend, Annie, after school. Brandon and I  decided to work late tonight since the kids wouldn't be back until late after 9:30.

Today is Friday and I decided to take the kids to school. Brandon left for work at 5:30 this morning.

I drove the kids to school in our new car. The kids love it; except the fact that they have to clean it out every Sunday with Brandon while I clean the house and bedrooms.

The kids got out of the car and came to my window.

"Bye, mom!" They both said in unison.

"Bye guys. Have fun at school! I'll see you later tonight, okay?" I told them.

"Okay." They said and left.

I drove off and went to work. When I walked in, there were at least 20 people with animals. Five with cats, six with dogs, four with bunnies, seven with ferrets, and three with guinea pigs.

My job is the worst, but I need the money for my family.

I got through at least half of them when I got a phone call from one of Josh's friends' parents.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi Sadie, this is Alex's mom, Shelly." She responded.

"Hello, Shelly. How are you?" I asked, being polite while doing paperwork that was piled onto my desk.

"I'm great. How are you?" She asked me back.

"I'm good!"

"That's good. Well, Alex was wondering if Josh would be able to spend the night since we were gonna be home late tonight?" Shelly asked me.

"Of course! Yeah, just text me what time you are on your way to drop him off... Or we can come and get him." I told her.

"Okay, will do Sadie!" She said. "Okay. Well, I'll let you get back to work. Thank you, Sadie, for your time!"

"You're welcome!" I said.

"Okay, bye." She said.

"Bye," I said before hanging up.

I went back to my paperwork and finished close to noon.

Brandon called me and asked me if he wanted to go out to lunch with me. I told him yes and he was coming to pick me up soon.

About twenty minutes later, Brandon was outside of my work. I walk out to the car, still in my work outfit, and we went to Red Robin. When we were done, he took me to Dutch Bros and got me my coffee. After that hour passed, he took me back to work. When we got there, there were a lot more cars than there were before I left work. Brandon kissed me goodbye and we went back to our normal day.

When I walked inside, it was busy. I had more paperwork on my desk and a lot more animals to take care of.

By the end of the day, meaning 8:45 PM, I got through everyone. I call Brandon and tell him that I have to work late.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey, it's me," I said.

"What's up?"

"I have to work late tonight. I need to finish some paperwork and give them to my boss. I probably won't be done until 10:20." I told him.

"Okay. What do I do with the kids?" He asked.

"Josh is spending the night at Alex's house and Alexis is still at Annie's for another hour. I'll call and ask Annie's mom if Alexis can spend the night." I told him.

"Alright. I have to work late anyway."

"Alright. Well, I gotta go. I love you." I said.

"I love you too," Brandon said before I hung up the phone.

I called Annie's mom and asked her if Alexis could spend the night. She said yes and I told her I would pick up Alexis after I picked up Josh.

I got done with all the paperwork from today and put them on my boss's desk. After that, I checked out and went home.

When I got home, I walked in and saw Brandon sitting on the couch watching George Lopez again. He's obsessed.

"Hey, babe," I said when I walked in.

He turned to look at me then looked back to the TV. "Hey."

I hung up my coat and walked over to the couch. I sat down and leaned on Brandon.

"You have to go get Alexis at 3:30 and Josh at 4:00," I told him.

He looked at me. "Why do I have to go?"

"Because I took them to school this morning since you had to go to work early," I explained. Brandon is a big pain in the butt, sometimes.

He sighed. "Fine."

We went to our room and got our pajamas on and went to bed after a long hard day at work.