the signs at the beach

Virgo (wearing a purple and gold one piece swimsuit) and Capricorn (wearing gray and black swim shorts) arrive first. They planned and organized the party. "Have you ordered the food yet?" Virgo asks Cap. "Yes, and I checked online for the delivery time. It should be here in about 15 minutes" he replied.

Virgo sighs. She can always trust Cap to be responsible. It is such a nice break from school projects where she always has to work extra hard to make up for the slackers in her group. Plus , he can actually hold an intelligent conversation with her.

"Did you bring the tablecloth for the picnic table?" he asks. "Of course," she says, "I also brought cups and utensils. I'm not going to count on the delivery guys to remember."

Cap smiles. She is always so thoughtful about things like that.

Next, Cancer, Pisces, and Taurus arrive together. Cancer goes straight to set up her pink polka dot beach umbrella (She loves that it matches her swimsuit) in the sand. She makes sure not to put her stuff too close to the water- a surprise wave is the last thing she wants.

Pisces (wearing a colorful floral swimsuit) surveys the beach with Taurus (wearing all-black swim shorts) and notices a small turtle in the stretch of dark, wet sand where the sand meets the sea. She runs over to it and gently picks it up. She kneels down and Taurus sits next to her. He admires the turtle with her. Luckily, it is low tide. Neither are hit by the rolling waves.

Then, Aries and Aquarius (both wearing black and red swim shorts) get there at the same time as Gemini and Sagittarius. Aries' eyes go straight to Gemini (wearing her stunning navy blue & white striped strapless one piece and some black mini shorts), while Aquarius looks straight at Sagittarius (wearing a cute lime green "active" swimsuit).

"Hey," says Gemini to Virgo, as she and Aries walk by, "do you know who got here first?"
"Me and Cap" Virgo answers.
"I told you, Aries!" Gemini laughs.
"No you didn't! You bet that Pisces would get here first!" he retorts.
"Suuuure I did" Gemini says sarcastically, smiling playfully.
"Finally you admit it."
"I did n-"

Gemini trips over a rock. Aries catches her in his arms before she falls and lifts her gently back up.
"Sorry," she apologizes, a little pink in the face.

Saggitarius heads straight for the waves. "Surfing before guys," she thinks. It doesn't rhyme, but that doesn't matter. She never much liked poetry, anyway. Suddenly, she notices that Aquarius is following her. She smiles at him. She is happy to have someone to talk to.
"Ready to catch some waves?" he questions.
"Totally! I hope there are some good ones today."
As they get close to the water's edge, a rouge wave comes crashing in. Immediately the strong tide glides across the sand, covering both of them up to their knees. They both yelp from the chill of the freezing water and run back to the beach, slowed by the undercurrent.

"Well," says Aquarius as the others who saw them running laugh, "That might take some getting used to."

He catches her eye and they start to laugh along with the others.

Next, Scorpio arrives in indigo swim shorts, and quietly walks over to Cancer. Suddenly, he jumps in front of her, yelling "Boo!" She screams and Scorpio laughs. "That's not funny!" she complains, but can't help smiling. He is such a dork sometimes.

Scorpio looks at her. "I haven't seen you for a while."
"Yeah, I've been doing summer homework for the past while, but I should be done next week. That should free up some Scorpio time."
"I can't wait."

"Food's here!" Capricorn yells. Taurus takes Pisces' hand and they bolt toward the table of pizza. Sag and Aquarius get to the table next, grinning and sopping wet.

Gemini, Aries, and Virgo sidle over next, all laughing. While collecting shells for a sand castle, they got too close to the ocean and the water mowed them all over! Gemini and Aries quickly stood up, but when Virgo tried standing up, she got knocked over again.

Scorpio and Cancer get there last, but luckily there was still pizza left. It seems that Capricorn worked in the "Taurus factor" when he ordered.

While Scorpio and Cancer are finishing their first pieces and Taurus, his third, Leo and Libra finally walk in. Libra is wearing is gorgeous black halter-style one piece with a v-neck. Leo is wearing red swim shorts and a white t-shirt.

"There you guys are! Why are you so late? Libra, did you take too long putting on your eyeliner or something?" asks Sagittarius.
"Actually, it was Leo that made us late," replies Libra, "he took foreeeever fixing his hair."
"It was worth it for this masterpiece," says Leo, gesturing to himself. Libra rolls her eyes but smiles.

After the pizza is long gone, Leo suggests that they build a bonfire. He, Aries, and Sagittarius (Duh! Who did you expect to do it? The water signs?) work on building it while the others watch in fascination. Even though Aries gets a little too excited with the matches, they manage to get a steady fire going in a few minutes.

They all sit around the fire, laughing and talking.
"Hey, who wants to roast marshmellows?" Taurus asks, passing around a bag to everyone.
"Why is it that you always seem to have marshmallows with you to roast?" Scorpio asks Taurus.
"Better safe than sorry," he replies.

Apparently, everyone has a different style of roasting marshmallows. Pisces and Cancer are both too scared of getting burned and refuse to get too close to the fire. They eat their marshmallows when they are only slightly golden.

Aries and Sagittarius light theirs on fire (on purpose). Aquarius and Libras' also get burned (not on purpose). Gemini can't decide where the best place to roast hers is. She ends up next to Aries and Aquarius, laughing at Aquarius, who yells when his catches fire, until he touches his marshmallow to hers and her marshmallow catches.
Capricorn and Virgo both have systematic ways to get the perfect marshmallow, and they get perfect, golden results. Taurus finds a large stick and roasts three marshmallows at a time.
Leo proclaims that his marshmallow will be the best, but his brushes the ashes and turns gray.

Scorpio catches a minnow in the ocean (who knows how he did it in the dark), and is about to stab it with a stick and roast it over the fire, when Pisces screams, runs to him, and throws it back in the ocean.
"Dream big, little fish! Swim! Escape!" Pisces yells to it. She has a particular affinity with fish.

When everyone is done roasting (and burning) their marshmallows, Aquarius is the first to suggest stargazing. They all lie down in the sand, forming a circle.
"Hey! I see my constellation!" exclaims Gemini, "my life and existence make sense to me now!"
"Well that's good," teases Aries, "you don't make sense to anyone else." Gemini jabbed him with her elbow.

"Hey, I see Draco!" announces Virgo.
"DRACO MALFOY? WHERE?" shout Leo and Sagittarius at the same time.
"Not Draco Malfoy, you idiots. Draco, the dragon constellation."
"Aw, man!" says Leo.
"Hey guys! There's a blinking light over there! I told you aliens exist!" Aquarius, of course was looking for one thing.
"That isn't a UFO, Aquarius. That's just a helicopter." Capricorn rolls his eyes while the others laugh.

Finally, the party ends. All of them leave in small groups until only Cancer and Scorpio are left. Actually, Scorpio thinks he is alone, when ...
"BOO!" Cancer shouts.
"ACK!" Scorpio shrieks.
Cancer laughs and Scorpio joins in, admitting defeat.
"Success!" thought Cancer.

(written by http://itsnotignoring-imboycottingyou.tumblr.com/)