TBTL Chapter 5⃣

TORN BY TWO LOVERS CHAPTER 5⃣

▫️Sean POV▫️

Waking up to the sweet sound of my alarm clock signifies that I am still breathing and still alive. And, more the sarcasm when I said "the sweet sound of my alarm clock".

Of course that was a joke, paradoxical to the real nuisance created by my alarm clock when it needs to wake me up early in the morning to attend school or any appointments.

Today is the first day of school and I am not ready.

I am never ready for everything.

Needing to get up, I slapped myself to keep me awake now and for the rest of the day. This is going to be great, I hope so.

I got out of my bed, did a few push-ups, checked my phone for messages and read them. A bunch of unknown numbers, always about hooking up and all that, but I pass. Ignored all of it. But replied to one number.

"I'm coming, okay?" I typed fast and sent the message that needed to be sent immediately.

After a few minutes, I took a shower and brushed my teeth. Being arrogant and feeding myself with narcissism and finally fled from my bathroom to my walk-in closet.

Don't you ever judge because guys could have a walk-in closet too. Not to boast but my clothes are designer clothes, not just some random clothing from a store. A guy could be vain sometimes, not just a lady could be vain.

Got dressed, taking a quick look in the mirror and I can say that I'm satisfied. I look good. ALWAYS and nothing can change that even in the parallel universe.

Too bad, I can never have her, she wouldn't even take second glances. Too bad, I get the girls I just want to play with and I just can't get a grab of that girl whom I will take seriously.

I grabbed my bag, which is very light. My bag is light but my mind is having this burdening package.

Snapping out from my daze, I got downstairs as our family driver for 12 years called my name, "Sean, you're going to be late for school!" August, our driver reprimanded. He is the cause that I get in school minutes before classes actually start.

I do not know if I should be grateful for that or what. Anyway, August is like my second dad since dad had another family to attend to, and August's wife, Sheena served as my second mother, too!

Reminiscing the time when mother begged dad to stay and begged dad to leave his other family, I was there to witness it all. To witness desperation and arguments and broken vows but who was there to protect me and shield me from all that?

It was Sheena. I was still 2 years old when she started to be my nanny.

When I grew up in a violent environment, she tried her best to direct my concentration to anything but not about my mother and father. She made me happy. She made my breakfast, she helps me with my homework if she had the idea. I sometimes wished that she were my real mother, my biological mother.

People say that I am lucky because my mom and dad are icons in different industries and they spend wads of cash in everything and they earn millions of dollars. But I don't see the luck in my situation.

I would rather trade that piles of money for piles of affection and love and care. We would all come and go and we don't need money to be happy, just need people who love and care for you.

That's all I need and my real mom and dad can't provide me that. Only providing me with material things and cash for me to buy what I want.

Thanks to Sheena and August who treated me like their own. I would rather lose mom and dad than them. They made me their world. And that's why they're my world too.