➽ nightmare

"Good morning, Firegirl."

        "I hope you're okay with me calling you that, because I think it suits you quite well."

        "So I tried this technique that Cap'n once taught me to remember my dreams-- drink a glass of water before and right after bed. And believe it or not, it worked!"

        "You wouldn't believe what my nightmares are about though: I wake up and suddenly smell smoke --I don't know how that works in dreams, but I swear I could smell it--then I run downstairs to the lab, where there's fire everywhere. This is the crazy part though-- you're the one who's causing it. You're standing on top of Cap'ns' work table, and your irises glow yellowy-orange --just like that split second of fire in your eyes that I saw that time-- and your hands are practically on fire. You have a red, flame-like aura, and your pretty hair is flying all over the place. I felt so scared at that moment, you don't even know."

        "Then you turn to me, eyes blazing, and point a finger at me. Flames shoot out from your finger and all I see is white. That's around the time I wake up in a cold sweat. Funny, because in the nightmare I would've been on fire, huh?"

        "Anyhow, now that I know what my nightmares are about, I don't know what to do about it. I can't stop it, and I definitely can't make sense of it, either. Why would you set the lab on fire? And why would you try to kill me? I hope you know that Cap'n and I are here to help you..."

        "Well, Cap'n is going to have to hear about this when he gets back. For now, I'll be extra careful."

➽➽➽