(five)

riley

{3:45pm}

I sit patiently and, might i add, awkwardly in emily's living room while she takes a phone call. chandler sits quietly on the opposite end of the black leathered couch, biting at the inside of his cheek due to the uncomfortable air. brandon and cage said they had things to do, but would be back later.

everyone seemed really happy for my getting them all breakfast, which i was skeptical about doing. i didn't want to come off as desperate to be part of their group of friends, but i really want them to like me, and as far as i can tell everyone does. well, i still haven't warmed up to chandler. when we are all having a group conversation, he'll sneak random glances at me constantly. some of them glares, and some of them just look like he's simply studying me.

I also told emily that I've come all the way from maine, leaving out the part about running away from home, and she insisted i stay in her guest room. she didn't specify, but she made it clear that neither of her parents are home 99% of the time.

emily's light footsteps came around the corner, making both chandler and i's heads snap in her direction.

"it was just cage. he said we are on for the tracks tonight, and he wants riley to be there." she beamed, smiling as usual.

"what is--" i was cut off by the deep voice that belonged to chandler.

"no." he said immediately with almost no emotion either.

"what do you mean no?" i ask, confused on why he keeps feeling the need to make my decisions for me.

"yeah, it'll be fun! come on, what could happen?" emily adds, but chandlers expression doesn't change the slightest bit.

"uhm, zack could happen." he muttered.

who's zack? and why is he a threat? most of all, why does chandler even care? he hates me, right?

"we'll all stay with her the entire time, and zack doesn't even know her. im positive she'll be fine and have so much fun. she's never been to a race before!!" emily pouts, stomping both feet on the ground in protest for chandler to give in.

"I'll go." i flash her a small smile, not caring a sliver of what chandler has to say about it.

"no, i said--"

"i don't give two shits what you said. im my own person, and im going." i cut him off, ending the conversations there.

emily's sweet blue eyes blink between chandler and i for a moment in confusion, but then stops and stares at me with wide eyes and a large grin.

"we have to go shopping!" she says with enthusiasm.

"why?"

"because all you have is you're two homeless outfits." she confesses.

matt came around the corner with a bag of potato chips securely in hand, shoving a huge handful down his throat before swallowing harshly.

"chandler and I need new gear for the race tonight anyway." matt adds with a mouthful of chips.

"coolio!" emily smiles with her pearly white and perfectly straight teeth, "ill drive."