Chapter 14

Beca was woken up by the sound of Carson's crying and got out of bed. She checked the time as she walked out of her's and Chloe's bedroom and noticed it was a little past three am. Beca got to the nursery and turned on the light and was surprised to find the redhead asleep in the rocking chair. She walked over to the crib and picked her daughter up and started to rock her while she walked around the room.
"Shh. Shh. It's okay honey." Beca whispered trying not to wake Chloe.
Chloe heard footsteps and Beca's voice and woke up. The redhead didn't say anything but more just watched her wife as she put Carson back into her crib.
"Hey dj." Chloe whispered startling Beca.
"Hi." Beca said quietly.
"How'd you get her back to sleep so fast?"
"It's just a little trick of mine. You go back to the bedroom red I'll hang out in here for awhile." Beca said.
"No I can stay in here it's no trouble at all." Chloe said.
"Look red combined we may have only gotten like 10 hours of sleep over the past two days but I also know out of that like 10 hours you've gotten less than me now go." Beca said.
Chloe got out of the chair and reluctantly left her wife and daughter and went down the hall to the bedroom.
*****
Beca once again was jolted out of sleep by Carson's crying. She checked the clock and it was a little past seven so she decided she should get up. Beca got out of the rocking chair she had slept in and got Carson out of her crib, changed her diaper then went down the hall to the kitchen. Beca sat Carson in the baby carrier and then decided to make breakfast which was rare because Beca's breakfast usually consisted of cereal and coffee because she'd have to run off to the studio. Beca finished making breakfast and cleaning the kitchen almost two hours later of course with the occasional Carson screaming her lungs out. Chloe wandered into the kitchen just as Beca was starting the dishwasher. Beca noticed the redhead as she searched the fridge for something to eat.
"Morning red." Beca said pouring her wife a cup of coffee.
"Good morning." Chloe said happily.
"I made breakfast you go sit down." Beca said to her wife as she poured herself her own cup of coffee.
Chloe shut the fridge and went over to the baby carrier and took Carson out then sat down at the table.
"Oh mom called last night and said she'd come and get Carson and take for the day and probably keep her overnight so we can get some sleep." Chloe said.
"Are you sure you wanna do that Chlo? Nothing against your mom or anything but I mean don't you think it's too early to put the pain of taking care of Carson on someone else?" Beca asked as she set a plate of food in front of Chloe and taking a seat.
"No not really plus we'd actually get a full night sleep which we'd both know would be good for us."
"Okay you're right we do need to sleep." Beca said in defeat.
****
"Okay so everything you need is in the bag there for feeding her is in this bag and all of her diapers are in this bag." Chloe said handing two bags to her mom.
"Chloe don't worry I know how to take care of a baby." Mrs. Beale said as she took the bags.
"I know I'm sorry. It's just weird giving my baby to someone else to take care of."
"What time should I drop her off tomorrow?"
"Whenever you like just not past like nine. She's been sleeping better at night but she'll still wake up and..."
"Honey I know what I'm doing I had to do this with you at one point in my life I can take care of my granddaughter."
"Thank you for doing this mom."
"It's no problem. You and Beca better get some sleep tonight. I'm going to go now and I'll call you once I'm back in L.A." Mrs. Beale said grabbing Carson's baby carrier and walking out.
Chloe waved from the window as her mom loaded everything into the car and pulled out of the driveway. Once her mom's car was out of sight Chloe went down the hall to Beca's office were Beca was skyping with Allie and working on her new album.
"Okay so we need to release this album over the next couple of months when things aren't so hectic around here with Carson." Beca said.
"You have a visitor." Allie said noticing Chloe standing in the doorway of Beca's office.
Beca turned around and saw Chloe standing in the doorway and then turned back around to her laptop.
"We'll have to continue this later all." Beca said shutting her laptop and turning her chair back around to face the redhead.
"Hey Dj." Chloe said.
"Hi red."
"This is weird." Chloe said walking in and sitting on the couch.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean it's just the two of us and no screaming child." Chloe said
"It's more of a relief than anything."
"Yeah you are right. So what do you want to do?"
"Sleep." Beca said chuckling.
"I actually agree with you on that." Chloe said.
" let's go."
Chloe got up from the couch and walked out with Beca in tow. The couple walked down the hall to their bedroom and got in bed.
"A bed has never felt more comfortable." Beca said pulling the comforter up.
"I am right there with you hon." Chloe said rolling over on her side.
Chloe wrapped her arms around Beca's waist and pulled her wife closer to her.
"I love you red." Beca said as she fell asleep.
"I love you to dj." Chloe said.