Chapter 2

Japan liked the fact that America had become his friend, and even wanting to adopt his culture, even though they had been mortal enemies in the previous wars; the game didn't bother him, because he had invented it, but it was getting in the way of their meeting.

America started out with a slow work-out song, and moved up to a faster beat gradually. His feet moved across the mat smoothly, only missing a few steps, but nothing to laugh at. The other nations smiled and nodded their heads to the music beats.

Germany stood mouth wide open, in disbelief. They came to solve the world's problems! Not play games!

Japan seemed to read his thoughts, as he replied, "you should know by now that no one can solve the world's problems…"

"Ja, but at least I vas hoping to vork towards it," Germany answered.

Italy laughed, clapped his hands, and jumped up and down in excitement. "Oo oo! Me next!"

America looked at him and smiled, "Sure, Italy, man! Show me your moves, Dude! I bet you're smooth with the ladies at parties! HAHAHA!" he winked at Italy and nudged him.

Italy blushed. America was teasing him, but he didn't know Italy had no such luck in love. "VE!" he squealed, forgetting what just happened. Italy got on the mat, but was unsure if he could pull off the same moves as America. He was a pro and Italy was a novice.

"Let's start with something easy and slow first, Newbie," America made the selections while Italy stood in the middle of the mat. "Nah, miss, skip, next….ah! This is good!"

"This is whack!" the announcer called out. "1st stage! Get ready!"

The song started and Italy was unsure when to start pressing the arrows. They came up fast, but Italy got 'good' and 'great' on some of them. He got more than a few 'boos' and 'almost'. His dance gauge went down, but he survived most of the song in danger (red bar). "Ve, I suck…." He stuck out his lower lip and pouted, hunching over.

"Good try, man! At least you played through the end!" America patted Italy's back as he walked off the mat. "Who's next?" they looked around the room for the next player.

"I will try," Japan suddenly already had his socks off, ready to play.

Germany looked back to where Japan had just been standing and back again to where he was now. "Vow, he's fast…"

"Alright, my bra Japan!" America smiled and his eyes lit up. "Show us how it's done!" He turned to the others. "He's the champion!"

"Hai," Japan stood on the mat and selected "Butterfly" from the song list, on standard.

"Great beat!" the announcer was getting annoying. "2nd stage! Ready, set, step!"

Japan calmly got the moves "Marvelous " and "Perfect" most of the time. He only missed 2 steps. The nations' mouths were open in awe.

"Check out the crowd! They love it!" the announcer called, and some cheering could be heard from the game. "GREAT! GREAT! KEEP IT GOING!" and "Oh YEAH!"

Japan hardly broke a sweat, as his feet gracefully and smoothly went over the mat, hardly returning to the center.

Italy put his chin in his hand, observing and in awe. France smiled and snapped his fingers to the beat.

"Ay ay ay! I'm a little butterfly! Green, black, and blue, mix the colors in the sky!" the song continued. "Ay ay ay. Ay ay ay. Ay ay ay! Where's my samurai?" the song ended.

"ALL I CAN SAY IS AWESOME!" the announcer was dumbstruck and so were the other nations.

Japan was good, but then again, he had invented it.