Baby

Long Island, New York
June 1st 2015

I am Diana. Born September 10th 2001. Out of my friend group I've always been the youngest. The last to grow up and do things due to my birthday being so late in the year. So I go by the nickname 'Baby.'

I remember in 6-7th grade, having a huge close knit group of friends of about 10 people. I was the star and people adored me I guess. But as I got older and started approaching high school, all of that disappeared. People switched up out of the blue and became strangers. It's crazy to think I used to know everything about those people.

I now only have 2 close friends. Ruthy, who I met this year through being lab partners. She's more into the latest gossip than her schoolwork and can get annoying but I still love her. Then there's Octavia, my best friend since 4th grade. She comes from a strictly Christian household. Meaning woman cannot wear jeans or any apparel of a man, and no physical interaction with the opposite sex. Little do her parents know, Octavia is a fashion goddess in our school. Jeans or no jeans. She also has no interest in boys and follows her religion when it comes to interactions of that sort.

School is basically over with a couple of finals left and graduation. I'm only graduating the 8th grade but I swear I have the mind of a senior in college. I'm fascinated with movies, photography, and anything along those lines. There's never a time where I'm not taking a picture of something or someone. Need a personal photographer? Hit my line!

My phone lights up with a message from him. Him as in Riley. Riley as in my "boyfriend." I used to be so crazy about him when I first met him, but now it's like, where's the magic? He's constantly sending paragraphs about how much he likes me but I'm just not with it. I feel terrible for always replying with "Aw thanks!" or "Wow you're so sweet!" with a couple of emojis here and there. I can't continue to pretend to feel the same way and I can't continue to lead this guy on.