Plot Twist

Long Island, New York
August 25th 2015

I haven't spoken to Kev in 2 days. Not even to address the problem at hand. I got invited to an end of the summer party at a friend from schools house. I decided to go just to get everything off my mind.

I didn't put on anything too special because who was I impressing. Octavia wasn't going so I wouldn't have a close friend with me. Just hi and bye friends that I see around school.

Pulling up to the party, I noticed some people that I knew, but most I didn't. I got out my mom's car and said goodbye as she drove off. I walk up to the house and was greeted by the host who was sitting on the porch. I headed inside where everyone else was.

"Ayeee is that Diana?" A guy's voice spoke. I turned around to see Aubrey, an ex boyfriend of Octavia.

"Hey Aubrey." I say with a half smile as he pulled me in for a hug. The reason why him and Octavia ended is because he claimed he was in love with me. It was all pushed under the rug, but I was still skeptical about him.

"Ooh you're getting a little thick I see." He smirked, pinching my thigh as his friends laughed behind him.

"Nigga really." I slapped his hand away as I rolled my eyes. His friends made 'ooh' sound affects which lowered his ego.

Went upstairs to hopefully find somewhere quiet at least. I walked passed kids sitting on the stairs who said hi if they knew me. I eased passed the people standing at the top of the stairs, and wandered around the hallway. I found a room that seemed vacant and jiggled the knob.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." I said when I realized I had walked in on a couple making out. "Wait. Riley?" I said taking a double take at the boy. The girl had her back towards me, so there was no saying who she was. She had curly brown hair up to her shoulders that seemed familiar.

"It's not what it looks like I swear." Riley said panicking. Like I actually cared what he was up to in his love life.

"Not what it looks like?" His partner said getting offended. Once this person turned around I realized who it was. It sure wasn't a girl! It was Ezra, a boy I had 5th period with. He was openly gay and didn't care what people thought. But Riley on the other hand was a jock that got into every sport he tried out for and gagged at the thought of even giving another guy dap. I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover.

"Rye how do you know Diana?" He asked, looking me up and down. Considering Riley kept whatever we had on the down low until summer, not a lot of people knew we had a thing.

"Ez, this is my ex girlfriend." He explained.

"You had a girlfriend?! You told me you knew you were gay since 7th grade." He spoke. My eyes widened. "Six months of a sneaking around, and you lied?" Ezra continued.

"Six months?" I said raising a brow. This kid better start explaining.

"Alright," Riley let out a sigh. "Ezra I really like you and I see what you go through daily being openly gay. So I used Diana as a cover up so it seemed like I was straight." He explained. That hurt a little but it was also kinda sorta cute.

"Ha! Bitch I took your nigga! You were just a cover up!" Ezra said getting in my face.

"Wow congrats." I said with fake excitement, walking away from the scene. I honestly didn't care. During that situation I pretty much zoned out and thought of Kev. I wanted to fix things but I wasn't the one in the wrong. Kevin is the one who need to step up to the plate.