So Fly

Princeton, New Jersey
July 15th 2015

I stood outside the train station waiting for Devin's mom to pick me upas promised. I almost got lost twice when switching between trains. Coming from Long Island, trains aren't my usual choice of transportation.

A black truck pulled and I saw Devin in the passengers seat.

"Get in girl!" Kev said as he opened the back door from his seat. I got in and sat next to Kev, who had Daniel on the other side of him.

"Hey I'm Lexi!" A girl with long curly hair said from the seat behind me.

"Hi I'm Diana." I smiled back. Of course this was Devin's sister, I peeped a resemblance.

Dev's House
July 15th 2015

We walk in through the front door of Devin's house. It was such a huge house. I followed behind everyone as they went upstairs.

"Alright Diana just come with me, into the bomb shelter." Mama Shana said. I nodded and followed behind her into the recording studio they had upstairs. Dev's dad was already in the messing with some beats on his laptop. He notice Mama Shana and I standing in the door and shut the laptop off.

"You must be Diana." He said getting up and shaking my hand. "Please have a seat." I took a seat in front of the two seats they were sitting in.

After they asked a few questions, I felt like I was doing pretty good. They were typical questions like: how did I start taking pictures or what camera and lighting do I use.

"Alright so last question for you Diana," Devin's dad spoke. "Would you be okay with traveling with the boys, you know for like pictures of the boys on the road?" He asked.

"Yes, of course. I'm down." I lit up.

"No no, we didn't ask for your direction. We asked if you would be able to travel." He then said, not understanding the "slang."

"No sweetie I think that means she's okay with it." Mama Shana said to her husband. "Right? Is that what you mean sweetheart?" She looked over to me. I nodded.

"On that case, it was nice doing work with you." He smiled, shaking my hand one last time.

Kev's POV

Daniel, Devin, and I waited outside the bomb shelter as Diana was being interviewed. I really hope she gets this spot. Not only did I want her to get this spot because I liked her, but because it's her dream to make it in the photography world and maybe this was her chance.

Mama Shana walked out the studio, followed by Diana and her husband.

"We like Diana. She's 'so fly' and is just like you guys. I think you'll all really click." He smiled. I watched Diana's face glow from the comments that were made. Can't wait to be on the road with this girl.