Meet the Squad

Bronx, New York
July 4th 2015

"There's nothing going on bro," Kevin said in reply to Jaiden. "What'd you cop though?" He asked as he walked towards Jaiden's bag and looked in.

"Hare 7's." Jaiden replied, taking the fresh sneakers out of their box.

"Diana come upstairs with me I want you to see what I bought." Vanessa said, heading upstairs.

Kev's POV

My initial plan when I came over was to chill with Jaiden and get a couple of glimpses of Diana when I came over. I never intentionally thought I would end up trying to kiss her, it just happened. But she rejected me, and to think I thought she was vibing with me.

"How long have you been here, alone, with Diana?" Jaiden asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Since 2:00." I answered. It was now 3:30pm.

"Oh so you guys made out for an hour and a half or...what?" Jaiden interrogated.

"No. We ain't even kiss Jai chill." I reassured him.

"But you tried though." He said as he walked to the fridge. I stayed quiet because I wasn't sure what Jaiden was going to use this information for. "I'm waiting for a reply." He spoke out from the fridge.

"Yes, but she turned away." I answered finally.

"Damn K Lit got dubbed? That's a shame."  At this point I kinda want to clock him in his mouth, but I'm a good friend so lemme not.

Diana's POV

"So you like Kev or what??" Vanessa asked as look at herself in the mirror in the grey dress she tried on.

"Of course not. He's cute but I just met him Friday." I replied.

"Ooh you think he's cute. Riley who?" Vanessa teased. I wish I could just get rid of Riley. Of course I wanted to kiss Kev who doesn't. I just need to find a way to end things with him, but right now it would be wrong to be unloyal.

Vanessa and I went downstairs after she finish showing me the clothing items she bought. We went outside on the porch to find Jaiden and Kevin sitting out there. Vanessa and I sat on the bench while Jaiden and Kev both sat on the railing. It was silent until a car pulled up.

"That's my ride!" Kevin said as he jumped off the railing.

"Where are you going?" I asked since he lived next door so he couldn't be getting a ride home.

"I have rehearsal." Kevin replied. Rehearsal for what? Was he in a dance school that had a recital or something?

While I was deep in thought, a brown skinned boy with curly hair, and a hispanic boy with an undercut got out the car. Was this his dance crew or?? Everyone started walking towards them so I followed. Kevin and Jaiden gave both the boys dap and Vanessa hugged them.

"This is Diana. Diana, this is Devin and Daniel," Kevin said introducing me to his friends. "And that's Mama Shana." He said gesturing to the lady in the drivers seat.

"Alright so I'll see you later." Kev said looking directly into my eyes.

"But when will I see you again?" I asked, considering this was my last day here and I probably won't be visiting my cousins for another month.

"It's up to you Baby." He then said as a smirk formed on his lips.

"Well, I'm having a barbecue at my house tomorrow if you want to come. They can come too." I said, smiling at Dev and Daniel.

"Aight bett. You live on the Island right?" Kevin asked. I nodded. "Okay text me the address and we'll pull up." But he doesn't have my number.

"You don't have my number." I said thinking out loud. He pulled out his phone and opened the contact app.

"Here put it there. I'll hit you up tonight." He winked as he handed me the phone. Yo someone needs to get their child before I kiss him right this second.

Kevin, Devin, and Daniel got in the car and drove off. So I guess I'm getting hit up tonight!

Long Island, New York
July 5th 2015

There were already some people here and the music was blaring, but I was worried about whether Octavia would show up. I told her about this a week ago and she said she would come, but she hasn't answered any text. Then the doorbell rang. I headed to the door and opened it to see Octavia. I immediately hugged her.

"Hey girl you got some scissors?" Octavia asked after hugging me back.

"Yeah why." I said confused and walked to the kitchen to get the scissors out the draw.

Without answering my question, Octavia began cutting the long jean skirt into a mini skirt, and her long sleeve black shirt into a cropped tank. Then she pulled some gold sandals out her purse and swapped them for the white tennis shoes she had on.

"Why didn't you just bring a change of clothes like always?" I asked.

"Because my parents found every single pair of jeans that I own which led to them finding all my crop tops and spaghetti strapped tight dresses. That's why I haven't had my phone, they took it and replaced it with a Track phone. No text just calls to my mom, dad, and brother." Octavia explained. Surprisingly her outfit was extremely cute. I just wasn't sure if Ruthy was still coming through to this party.

A Lituation
July 5th 2015

Everyone was in the backyard bumping to the music that was blaring through the speakers. This was supposed to be a little get together but of course, friends invite friends that invite friends.

Vanessa and Jaiden are here because they're spending the week here at my house.

Everyone is having a great time and all of a sudden it gets silent. I was confused until I saw Devin, Kevin, and Daniel walk through the gate of my backyard. As of right now they were the hottest boys at the party. I was focused on Kev. A white t-shirt, rolled up black joggers, low concords, and a Yankees snapback. Damn he was fine.