Unexpected

Mia pov:

I rolled out of bed and stretched before making my way into the bathroom. I got into the shower, standing under the hot water in misery. My stomach turned when the realization of having to face Chris hit me. I finished washing before making my way into my room and throwing on a tupac tee and some sweats. I slowly made my way downstairs, knowing that I couldn't hide in my room forever. I made my way into the living room and sighed when I noticed that no one was up yet. I mentally did a happy dance then walked more confidently into the kitchen. I stopped when I saw Chris sitting on the counter, staring intently at his phone. I walked to the refrigerator to grab some juice, silently praying that he wouldn't say anything. I sat down at the island and whipped out mt phone as he continued to pretend that I wasn't there. I sighed in defeat before speaking first.

"So you're just gonna ignore me Chris?" I asked looking up at him.

He looked up in surprise as if he hadn't noticed that I was here all along.

"Oh goodmorning, how'd you sleep?" he asked being funny.

"I'm being serious Chris" I said rolling my eyes.

"What do you want me to say Mia?? Huh?" he askdd raising his voice.

I just stared at him in silence. Why was he so hurt by my actions? Why did he care so much??

"Why?" he said, finally speaking up.

"Why what??" I asked confused.

"Why do you strip?" he asked in a calmer tone.

I looked up at him, expecting to see shame and disappointment, but instead I saw sympathy and curiousity.

"I strip, because I need the money for school" I said putting my head down.

"Mia why the hell wouldn't you tell me this?!! You know I would've helped you, but instead you wanna go shake ya ass for some bum ass niggas every night!" he yelled.

"I was scared that you would judge me" I said in a whisper.

As soon as the words left my mouth I felt a sense of stupidity. He was my bestfriend for God's sake. He would never judge me.

Chris's facial expression softened.

"There's no way I could judge you babygirl. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you. I can't believe you even let a a thought like that consume you. To be honest I think that's what hurt me the most. You know I will always have ya back through thick and thin and that aint changing. I love you too much to see you fail, knowing I couldv'e did something to help." he said getting up and pulling me into a tight hug.

"I love you Mia" he said as tears filled the brim of my eyes.

"I love you too" I said back.

"No, not in a bestie type way. I mean like lovers, like how it used to be between us" Chris said pulling away and looking into my eyes.

"I never meant it in a bestie way" I said as a smirk appeared on my lips.

Before I knew what was happening, Chris's lips were on mine and my lips were involuntarily kissing back. After tongue-wrestling for 3 minutes, we pulled away and just stared into each other's eyes.

"Aye the ole live birds back at it!!!" Ty yelled making Chris and I jump.

I spun around to see around to see him and my girl bestie, Chyna. I was praying that he didn't know.

I was getting ready to walk away when Chris called out and said, "And you're quitting Diamond's today. I'll handle everything else."

I nodded as Ty blurted out, "I was gon tell her the same thing."

I looked at him confusingly.

"Found out last night, but it's whatever if you gon quit. Just don't pull no shit like that again or ima beat ya ass" he said seriously.

I rolled my eyes at him and walked upstairs to my room.

"Oh and one thing Ty!! Nigga I'm grown as fuck!!!" I yelled at him then slammed that door before laughing. This nigga really though he was somebody daddy. I laid on my bed and started looking at old pics of Chris and I. I'm so excited tbh. I got my first love back and my smile couldn't get any bigger, because I got my baby back again!!♡♥