Growing Old

POV~ROSE
I stopped snogging the Doctor as soon as I hear the Tardis whoosh away. I feel split in two. I have the Doctor but he's not the real Doctor, my Doctor. My Doctor just wished off to another dimension to save worlds. I work in a shop. I should be the one saving worlds. I miss my Doctor.

"So what now, Doctor?" I asked the man standing behind me.

"Please, don't call me that. You can just call me John. John Smith. That will be my permanent name." He replied.

"Okay then, John Smith, what do we do now?" I questioned again.

"Now we go home. Tony is probably having a fit." Mum answered for him.

"Where is the Doc-John going to stay?" I corrected myself.

"Well he can stay with us, of course! We've got plenty of rooms in the house." She replied.

"Really? I can stay with you? Oh wow. Thank you, Jackie Tyler." John said, extremely too enthusiastic. As always.

"Don't mention it."

"Of course I will probably have to get a job. Oh wow. A proper job. This is going to get boring," he stated.

"Oi, don't go giving up when you haven't even tried it yet." I scolded him. "Also, how the hell are we going to get home?" I asked Mum.

"I suppose I should call Pete." Mum said as she walked off to call my "dad"

I turned to look at John.

"So you really have only one heart?" I asked.

"See for yourself," he replied, signaling  for me to listen.

I step closer and lay my head on his chest. Listening closely, I hear the soft beat of a single heart.

"So you will grow older? And not regenerate?" I had so many questions but I kept it simple for the time being.

"Yes, Rose. I grow older, and no more regenerating. I will grow old and stay that way." With every word he said I could feel my smile growing larger.

"Well, John Smith, welcome to Bad Wolf Bay."