VI

-Do you remember how it feels?-he whispered in my ear.

-How what feels?-I managed to say. 

-Being with someone you actually enjoy being with.-he pressed his lips against mine for a few seconds.-Kissing someone you feel something for. Fucking someone you want to. 

-Meet me at the lake house at 9. Ni

I kept staring at his text for hours. What did he want? Why was he contacting me when he knew I was with Marco and that I could easily tell Marco he would be there at 9 and get him killed? Some of the 89ers were injured at that dinner party which went wrong when the Bandits crashed in. It was a month ago and Marco couldn’t stop talking about it. I was happy he didn’t know about my past with Niall because from that moment on, Niall became his number one enemy. He swore he would kill all of the Bandits, one by one. If he knew I had anything to do with them, I’d become an enemy, too. And now, Niall had the guts to text me. I was laying in bed when I got the text and Marco almost read it over my shoulder. What was going on in his mind that made him think it was okay to ask me to meet up? He knew where I was and who I was with and I had a feeling this wasn’t going to be just a normal friendly meeting up. 

I decided to go there and tell him not to text me ever again. Finish it all for good. A part of me wanted to go there just to see him, I admit .When I saw him at the restaurant, I realized just how much I’ve missed him all this time. It just seemed like he was the only person I actually knew and for a moment I thought we could pick things up right where we left them. Y/N, stop, it’s forbidden.-I told myself. It was against all rules. Marco could kill us both easily if he found out. But still, something told me I should go. 

And I did. 

At 9 pm, I was standing on the front porch of his little lake house in a black dress that hung loosely around one shoulder. 

-Get in quickly.-he opened the door and pulled me in. 

-Rude.-I said and looked at him. 

He was wearing a blue short sleeved button up shirt and black jeans. The blue color of his shirt matched his eyes. His cheeks were a bit flushed and he looked like the same old Niall I used to care about. 

-I have to make sure you weren’t followed.-he said and took a gun from a nearby drawer.-Make yourself comfortable while I’m gone. 

After he left, I went to sit on the bed. The same bed I lost my virginity on that spring day. I lay on my back and sighed. What the hell was I doing with your life? I was risking everything by being here. I knew for sure I wasn’t followed. Marco gave me time off when I wanted to because he trusted me. And here I was, letting him down, talking to the guy who wanted to kill him. 

I heard the front door open. Soon after, Niall walked in with a big grin on his face. 

-I always knew you were sneaky.-he winked. 

-So… What do you want?-I asked sharply. 

-Is that really the way you should be treating an old friend?-he sat down next to me and laughed sweetly. 

-Niall, listen, you know I’m with Marco. I can’t talk to you. You can’t text me just like that, he would kill me if he ever found out. 

-If he ever touched you, I would rip off his arm.-he smiled. 

-This isn’t a joke. You tried to kill him and his best friends. He wants you guys dead and if he ever finds out about us, he’s gonna kill me. And you.-I got up.-I shouldn’t even be here.