Second Degree Burns

"What in gods earth are you doing?!" (A/N if  I could place an interobang [if you don't know what that is look it up!] anywhere, it would be right there. And I'd use a exactly three of them)

Sherlock pulls the cigarettes away from his mouth and puffs out a large breath of smoke. "Isn't it obvious? I'm smoking fifteen cigarettes at the same time."

Eleanor takes this moment to take the cigarettes away from him and throw them into the sink, letting the water put them out.

"Hey! That was an experiment!"  Sherlock exclaims.

"You haven't worked on the case in two days!! Even after I told you what I had found!!" Eleanor shouts.

"So what that the Kreisler Computer Company manufactures their computer chips with Sodium Benzoate." Sherlock says. "I'm bored of the case."

"That doesn't mean you just give up!!"

"What have you been doing lately that gives you the right to be all saint like?" Sherlock asks, frustratedly crossing his arms.

"I've been collecting info from workers and people," Eleanor sasses, "I scheduled a meeting with Mr.Kreisler."

"Boring!!" Sherlock moans, flopping down on the couch.

"Ugh!!! You are so difficult!!" Eleanor plops down on the black chair and pushes her knees up to her chest.

Sherlock sees this as a sign of anger. "I am sorry."

"What?"

"Don't make me repeat myself," Sherlock says angrily.

"What? I didn't hear you there," Eleanor says, putting her hand to her ear.

Sherlock gets up and kneels before Eleanor, placing his hand on her knee. He knows this is uncomfortable for her. "I. Am. Sorry."

Eleanor closes her eyes and moves her head to the side so Sherlock can't see her eyes.

But he saw it.

The way her eyes dilated.

Her breathing quickened.

Her pulse elevated.

"Oh dear!!! Am I interrupting something?" Mrs.Hudson inquired.

"No," Eleanor says.

Simultaneously, Sherlock says, "Yes. Do leave." He urgently needed to solve his experiment on Eleanor.

Mrs.Hudson sets the tray of tea down on the kitchen table then scurries out of the room.

"Sherlock," Eleanor drawled out.

"Eleanor."

"I have to be off," Eleanor says, placing a hand on Sherlock's shoulder and moving him out of the way.

"Now?"

"I told Lestrade to meet me at the building at 10:00."

Sherlock gets up and grabs his coat along side Eleanor. "Then I'll join you."

"Oh?" Eleanor pips, buttoning up her jacket. "And what if I don't let you?"

"Then I'll come anyway," he says, tying his scarf and skipping down the stairs.

Eleanor takes a deep breath before following after Sherlock.

~

She sat at her desk, typing away at her computer. The sound echoes throughout the room, leaving nothing but silence in between clicks.

She yawns and stops typing, leaning back in her chair.

That's when she hears it.

A small pop.

The window to her right shatters into a million pieces, slicing into the desk.

She falls onto the desk with a thud.

~

Sherlock and Eleanor arrive at the Kreisler building, slightly confused at all the police cars surrounding the building. They see a small speck on the building- it appears a window has been smashed in.

"What's happening?" Eleanor asks.

"I don't know, but stay close," Sherlock says.

Eleanor nods and grabs onto Sherlock's coat. He looks down at her arm and then back up towards the hoard of police.

"What's going on?" Sherlock asks Lestrade.

"There's been a death," Lestrade asks. He looks at the two of them weirdly. "Why are you two 'ere?"

"I told you to meet me here at 10, remember? To meet Mr.Kreisler?" Eleanor asks. "Who's died?"

"His secretary, Penelope Jane," Lestrade says.

"Penelope Jane?" Eleanor asks with a slight hint of recognition. "Wait a minute... I interviewed her just yesterday! At a coffee shop downtown! The barrister flirted with her."

"You've been in contact with the victim in the past twenty-four hours?" Lestrade asks, escorting Sherlock and Eleanor into the building.

"Yes," Eleanor replies. "I... I was doing some research on Mr.Kreisler for the case but..."

"But what?" Lestrade asks and the three of them pass through security and onto the elevator.

"Well, I was mainly trying to get her to get me an appointment with Mr.Kreisler... and trying to psych her into giving me any and all information she has- had in her head about Mr.Kreisler or his work. It sorta worked for about an hour, then she started getting into more personal questions, you know, my last name, what's he like, stuff like that," Eleanor rambles. "But I finally got through to her and then she had a sudden epiphany that she had forgot to send an email out for Mr.Kreisler. So she gave me 'er number and went back to the building. And I went back home to Sherlock."

"Is that all or do you want to explain what the contents of the sea are?" Sherlock asks sarcastically. 

"You know, if you really want me to," Eleanor sass back at Sherlock.

"Look you two, I know you guys are in a hit-or-miss relationship at the moment but we need as much help as we can get on this case. Its a strange one," Lestrade says.

"How strange?" Sherlock asks.

"Well... she was shot in the back of the head but the puncture wound is barley visible. Anderson found some sort of powder in 'er hair and he's checking it out at the lab. There also isn't any sign of breakin 'cept for the broken window," Lestrade explains.

"What type of powder?" Sherlock asks.

"Dunno, but Anderson is figuring it out," Lestrade replies.

The elevator dings and we file out of the space, greeted by an open sea of nothing but desks. There are a few water coolers on the perimeter of the room but other than that there's just gray cubicles as far as the eye can see. In the far back corner sits a lone desk, crowded with crime scene tape. Behind it is a glass box that contains a luxurious office. 

"Shall we?" Sherlock asks Eleanor.

"Murders do seem to be our thing, don't they?" Eleanor asks.

"Indeed they do."

~