Shocking News

Eleanor sits up from her bed in a flurry of hair and sweat. She groggily gets out of bed and stumbles out of her room, rubbing her eyes as the sunlight casts into her eyes.

"Had a fun night out?" Sherlock asks, sipping his tea. He sits at his desk looking at his laptop. "Or should I say nights?"

Eleanor scratches her head and looks around the room. "What are you talking about?"

"Are you that hungover?" Sherlock asks.

"Hungover?"

"Do you not remember stumbling in last night and falling asleep on the kitchen floor?" Sherlock asks, turning back to look at her.

"I remember Mycroft coming over," she says. "And that's it."

"Alcohol poisoning," Sherlock says.

"I don't drink."

"Well when you're angry you do."

"Sherlock, do shut up. Your voice annoys me more than the sunlight and that's saying something," Eleanor says, grabbing a mug from the cabinet and filling it with tea.

"I was thinking of heading to the lab today," he says, getting up from his chair and refilling his cup.

"Why do you need to go to the lab?" She asks, leaning against the cabinet where he's standing. "You have all the supplies and equipment you need right here!"

"No, I do not," he says. "And I want to go to the lab."

"I see no point in you going there. What? Is your girlfriend there?" She asks.

"Girlfriend? No...." He says, taking a sip of his tea and walking away.

"Oh... Boyfriend?" Eleanor asks nervously and awkwardly.

"Eleanor, the concept of me having a significant other is obscured in itself. Please don't ask me again," he says.

"So your gay?" She asks.

"Oh for god's sake," he mumbles.

"It's okay if you are! A lot of men are gay these days! Just the other day I went out on a date and I found out he was just seeking friendship not an intimate relationship," Eleanor says. "And you don't have to tell me if your not comfortable; I get it."

"I. Am. Not. Gay." Sherlock says, enunciating every syllable.

"Oh."

"That was a waste of my time," Sherlock says, plopping down on the couch. "Please tell me when you are ready to leave."

Eleanor cringes and sits down on the black chair. She sips her tea quietly, enjoying the silence filling the room.

"Girlfriend," Sherlock spits out. "Well, technically she's a girl that is a friend. I want to go check up on her."

"Ah, I knew it."

"And you?"

"And me what?" Eleanor asks.

"Do you have a significant other?" Sherlock asks.

Her hearts flutters as he looks at her with his sea green eyes. "Well, um, I didn't grow up very close to anyone... you're actually the first person I've gotten close to..."

"Oh."

"But you're a friend- a very weird friend, yes- and friends stick together and don't let anything happen to each other," she says.

Sherlock sits up to say something but Eleanor scurries off into her room to get changed.

"You're my friend too."

~

"It smells like a pool in here."

"It's a lab, what else to you expect it to smell like?" Sherlock asks, adjusting the microscope. "Flowers and daisies?"

"You could at least use lemon scented cleanser," she mumbles.

Sherlock takes a deep breath. "There is no use. The Sodium Benzoate couldn't have been in anything she would have been in possession of."

Eleanor sighs and balances her head on her fist. "I thought we knew this before we came here."

"Eleanor," Sherlock warns.

"Fine. So we know she had something on her she shouldn't have and she got killed for it," She says. "Congratulations, Sherl, you've solved the plot of all basic murders!"

"Do shut up," He doesn't look up from the microscope.

"You can stop looking. What else are you going to find?" Eleanor asks.

"Aha! A trace amount of metal!!" Sherlock exclaims.

"Metal?" Eleanor asks, getting up and circling the table to get a look into the microscope.

"Careful not to move the dials," Sherlock says, scooting back the stool so Eleanor could get through.

"I can't see anything." Eleanor says.

"That's because your moving." Sherlock says. He moves to her side and leans in close to her.

She bends down to the microscope, finally getting a glimpse of what Sherlock saw. She looks at it for a while, then gasps loudly.

"Oh... Am I interrupting something?" A soft, shy voice asks.

Eleanor snaps up and sees a petite auburn haired lady standing with a mug of tea in her hands. "No, no! You're fine!" Eleanor moves away from Sherlock shyly and walks over towards the girl. "Eleanor Moriarty. I'm Sherlock's colleague."

"Molly Hooper," She says, shaking Eleanor's hand.

"Yes, well, I better be off," Eleanor says, grabbing her coat off of the chair she was sitting in.

"You didn't tell me your discoveries!" Sherlock exclaims.

Eleanor looks up from her busy state and sees Sherlock staring at her. She shakes her head and tosses her satchel over her head and onto her shoulder. "I'll tell you later."

Eleanor dashes through the door, hurrying past their curious eyes.

But Sherlock already saw what he needed to.

Her eyes dilated.

~