Chapter 2- Good Times With Old Friends

After nearly crying myself to sleep, I wake up feeling utterly tired after staying up tondo homework. I slam my hand against the alarm clock so it shut up and not annoy the crap out of me.

"Cat! Get ready now! Hurry!" My Dad yelled from downstairs. I sigh and pack up 3 suitcases of clothes, hygiene products, and electronics. Almost like I was moving out.

"You all packed?" My Dad asked pouring a glass of whiskey as I walked in the kitchen nearly breaking my back from all the weight.

"Yeah. Is Sam ready for school?" I asked putting some bags down so I can hug Sam goodbye. And soon enough, he comes running down the stairs and nearly pushing me over. I hug him so tightly I thought I squeezed his eyeballs out.

"I will call and text you guys as much as possible when I'm away. Sam, make sure you take your medicine everyday and behave. I won't be there long. I love you guys both." I smile looking at Sam and my Dad. That's when I hug them goodbye and finally drive to the mental institution I used to stay at.

"Ms. Henry?! What are you doing here! You don't need to be here any- wait a second. Yeah I just got the message. Okay, let me show you your room." Nurse Samantha said walking me down a creepy white hall with metal doors.

"Cat! Why are you back!" Delilah squeled hugging me tightly as I smiled softly.

"I punched someone in the face and it causes something with all my disorders and I ended up back here again," I explaid setting my stuff down on my old bed. Nurse Samantha left.

"Can I help you unpack?" Delilah asked already picking up a suitcase. I laughed and nodded as I began unpacking my clothes too. We managed to unpack most of my stuff from the three suitcases.

"I'm so glad you're back! I was so alone here with Katie and Peter. They are always arguing and it gets on my nerves." Delilah sighed plopping down on her bed in exhaustion. That's when we heard a bell ring. We knew what that meant.

"Lunch!" We squeled in delight as we made our way to the cafeteria. Not many people were in there. There was Katie,Peter, Gwen, Valerie, William, Nick, and Christy. And then there was Delilah and I. We walk into the cafeteria after a few people noticed I was back. I grabbed a salad and sandwhich from the lunch ladies up front and took a seat with Katie, Delilah, Peter, and Valerie. These were my fucked up friends of the ward.

Katie is 14 years old and she managed to 'accidentally' shot a man who was attempting to rape her. Peter is 16 years old and is a paranoid schizophrenic. Valerie is 21 years old and she shot her husband after cheating on her with 4 other girls. So yeah, these guys were my friends,

"What are you doing back here, Henry? Valerie asked not taking her eyes of the chess board in front of her and Katie. I smiled at them both.

"I punched someone." I answered sitting in between Katie and Delilah. Peter was looking around and looking nervously at his watch.

"You punched someone?" Katie asked turning around and giving me the 'bruh' face. I nodded.

"I guess they just knew about my disorders and just sent me here in case anything else bad happened," I replied stabbing my salad and eating it quickly. I was famished.

"Oh, guess that makes sense. Glad you're back though. It hasn't been the same without you." Katie answers giving me a bright smile.

"How have you been Peter?" I ask shoving the sand which in my mouth. Peter looks at me nervously and glances at his watch.

"I have been waiting for something to bad to happen. The voices told me and they won't stop yelling at me and warning me,"Peter replied wiping a bead of sweat from his face.

"Don't worry Peter. Nothing bad will happen to you. Maybe someone else?" I suggested and he smiled faintly. The his eyes grew wide and he looked me in the eyes.

"It won't happen to me. But you. The voices just told me," Peter yelled. I just finished eating and threw my trash away. I watched Katie and Valerie play their chess game for a while more before the nurses gave us our sleeping pills for the night.

Delilah and I walk back to our room and we lie down on the soft, squeaky beds.

"Goodnight Autumn. So glad you're back." Delilah said before shutting her eyes and sleeping. I smiled and my eyes grew heavy.

First time in a month, I've actually slept without crying.