Lock Aways

CHAPTER 1: LOCK AWAYS

Rose's POV

I lay in my bed with my ear buds drowning out the early morning fall wind and all other distractions as I try to get another hour of sleep. 6:30 a.m. and I'm awake. Why does the world hate me? I wonder as Iodine by Icon For Hire blasts away my ears. My dog cuddles up by my side as I whisper the lyrics to myself. Today is going to be one hell of a day. I think right before I fall back asleep.

I wake up to the smell of food. My parents went out golfing today and my sister is sound asleep right now. What the heck? I get out of bed and check my clock. 8:05 a.m. Later than I expected. I walk out of my room, dog following me toward the food bowl. I feed her then make my way into the kitchen to see what is going on. When I walk in I see my friends Holly, Sera and my boyfriend Conner. "SHE'S 14 OH MY GAAAAAWD!!!" Holly yells and hugs me tight. I hug my friend back and motion for the other 2 to get in with us. I am surrounded by happy birthdays and pancakes as we sit at my table after escaping the embrace. I was the second youngest in our group. Sera still had until January to turn 14. As we ate our pancakes we conversed about school, video games and life.  Then one certain topic came up.  "So are you excited to go on the field trip on Monday Rosie?"  Sera asked.  I punches her arm after hearing my pet name.  "I hate you Sera."  She just rolled her eyes and continued to eat.  "Seriously though, are you?"  Conner asked.  "Yeah.  Who doesn't looooove to spend a couple hours looking at DC's in prison."  I said sarcastically.  For our 8th grade trip we are going to the main prison where all the DC's have been locked away in cells for public amusement.  They all laughed at my reply.

12 years ago, our country broke out into a civil war, when the heroes and villains from comics and cartoons invaded. Both sides, Marvel and DC claimed to have good intentions, in fact it was quite peaceful for a little while until both sides gained support for their own ways and started an all out brawl that ended after 3 short years. 3 years of chaos with my community right in the middle of it. The way the sides had split up were somewhat even I guess. Marvel had the east and DC had the west. Everywhere from Texas, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota etc. were neutral. It was like a large column serving as boundaries in between their claimed lands. Heroes and villains alike banded together on both sides determined to take the other down. Marvel ended taking the cake and created a prison in Kansas to show everyone what happens when you mess with them.

The main legend told was towards the beginning of the war, when both sides were still incredibly equal, the heroes and villains who had kids put them up for adoption. Nobody actually knows if that is true, although it is kind of fun to believe.

"I just can't believe that the schools have decided our field trip is to go mock loads of prisoners. Our school must really hate us. I can't help but feel kind of bad for those guys." I mumbled the last part to myself. "Don't think like that. Maybe something good will come of this trip." Holly said in attempt to lighten the mood. "I don't know. I think she may be right Holly." Conner said sticking up for me, as always. "Who knows? Who cares?!? I sure don't. Let's just play Minecraft and not worry about it!" Sera said with excitement in her voice. She clearly was trying to change the subject. "Whatever. Im down." Conner replied booting up his conveniently placed laptop. What a great start to a great day.

??? POV

Conner Hawk. Sera Gordon. Rose Wilson. Holly Quinn. Will they ever know? Do their names ring a bell? Coincidence brought them together. Secrets will strengthen their bond. Or could it possibly tear them apart? The future is up to them. What will their choices lead to?

$$$————•$$$————•$$$————•$$$
Hey guys I hope you all liked the first chapter of this story! I started it a while back but just decided to continue it during break. Tell me what you guys think and correct me and share your opinions on how you think this story should go. I'm always open to suggestions! (I made some name changes cuz I can XP)
-Mightyena27