Chp#26 Blast from the past.

*Unknown POV*

    I am happy that after months, I am finally going to meet my grandma. She lives in other part of the city. It takes a full seven hours to go to my grandma's place. After picking up my keys and phone, I go outside and lock my apartment. I feel so happy today, grandma will be so happy from me. I make my way to my car, putting my seat belt on, I start the car. After a couple hours, my car pulls into a similar doorway. I miss this place so much. There is a huge garden on the side with flowers. The smell of cookies hit my nose. Grandma always make cookies for me when I come to meet her. I park my car and go to the door. I raise my hand to ring the bell. However, the door opened without bell. There stands my grandma who is wearing a long dress. At the age of sixty-nine, she is still tall, active and smart but she never dyes her hair which is the only thing that makes her look older.
    "Hi honey!" she says smiling.
    "Grandma!" I almost scream and run to her to wrap my arms around her like as a small kid. I kiss her forehead. "I missed you."
    "Me too sweetheart," she kisses my cheek.
    "Will you come inside or continue to show your affection at the door?" a voice comes from behind who belongs to none other than my sister, Nathalie.
    "Nate!" I call her and there she is. I hug her tightly. She is my baby sister even though she's seventeen. In my eyes, she is still a kid.
    "I missed you brother."
    "Me too," I kiss her forehead.
    "Go take shower and come in living then we will discuss something," Grandma says in a stern voice.
    I know she is worried about her, but she doesn't know her grandson is very witty so she doesn't have to worry. I shrug and reply with an okay. I make my way to my room which is untouched and tidy because it hasn't been occupied. After taking a shower, I make my way downstairs and that's when my nose was hit with the smell of the baking chocolate cookies.
    "Grandma! I love you! Thank you for making this for me!" I say and pop a couple cookies in my mouth.
    "Anything for you kiddo," she says and squeezes my cheeks.
    After eating, she gives me the 'I need to talk to you' look. I nod and make my way to my grandma's study room. Don't underestimate the power of this great, old woman. She was one of the best writers of her time. I clear my throat.
    "Take a seat," she orders and I take seat, focussing all of my attention towards her. "So, what information you have collected?"
    "Well, she is now living with her friend whom I am dating," I say the last part quietly.
    "What does she look like?"
    "She is perfect, like aunt and she has same eye colour as you."
    "What about his Uncle and Aunt who were looking after her just because of her property?"
    "Well, her uncle and aunt made her Cinderella. She was like their slave. After being eighteen, they never even allowed her to go and live by herself just because of her property."
    "They are really heartless people. Just because of them, I have never able to meet my daughter's children. They told me and your dad that the entire family died in the car accident. If I didn't see her with you in those pictures, I many have never been able to see my grandchild in my life."
    "Yeah, when I first saw her, there was something in her eyes that made me, the great me to ask her for her number."
    "Now, she is alone with Josh. Her aunt made her to leave her own house which belongs to her."
    "Yeah, her aunt never told us about my children just because they would not be able to have the property. Have you talked with the lawyer? And what about her, when will you tell her about your and her relation?"
    "Grandma, I don't want her to think that I was just with her for that reason, which is not true. I will definitely tell her anytime soon and the lawyer has said that if she wants to take an action about her uncle, then he will sign a case."
    "I want my children back now, at any cost. What about Josh? Has he made any improvement?"
    "Yes, I personally meet the doctor. They said that he will recover from coma very soon."
    "Good job son, I think my small baby is now grown up," she says while squeezing my cheeks.
    "I will be your baby boy forever."
    "Yeah, yeah..."

*Lara's POV*
   My eyes open with the feeling of thirst so I make my way to kitchen. As I enter the kitchen, I see a shadow with a face in all black. A scream escapes from my mouth. The burglar puts their hand on my mouth.
    "Shh, kitten," it says. His voice- I can recognise it in a million voices. I bite his hand because I am still angry with him. "Hey! You bite me!"
    "Suits you."
    "Come with me," he says with a soft voice.
    "I am here to drink water, not to talk with unknown burglar."
    Shh! Come with me," he says and drags me with him outside the door.
    "I don't want to go out with you."
    "I am dying to go out with you," he says in a whisper. I don't even understand what he said completely. We head towards his car and he opens the door for me. What a gentleman.
    "Only with you."
    "Oh!" I accidentally called him a gentleman out loud. As soon as we were seated, he starts driving. "Where are we going?"
    "Somewhere really special."
    "At 5 AM?"
    "So what? No one ever has even gone on a date at this time."
    "I will never go on a date with you."
    "Well, I think we went on a date before and now we both are going somewhere. And when I say date it's a date, Madam," he says sternly.
    "Huh? I hate you."
    "Thank you, I am worth it."
    The car is filled with silence except for the radio. My favourite song starts and Xavier starts singing along. Not a bad choice, Mr. Bad boy.
I might never be your knight in shining armor
I might never be the one you take home to mother
And I might never be the one who brings you flowers
But I can be the one, be the one tonight

When I first saw you
From across the room
I could tell that you were curious (Oh, yeah)
Girl, I hope you're sure
What you're looking for
'Cause I'm not good at making promises

But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms
And if you like having secret little rendezvous
If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn't do
Baby, I'm perfect
Baby, I'm perfect for you
And if you like midnight driving with the windows down
And if you like going places we can't even pronounce
If you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about
Baby, you're perfect
So let's start right now.
    At the end, Xavier and I were singing along and he suddenly stops his car at the front of Silver Big Gate. This place has my heart buried in it.

Author's Note:

Hey we are back..
Papers/tensions gone.
What you guys think about xavier's plan?
Will lara forgive her?
Are they perfect together?

share,comment and vote.

*Z