Ch#13 Date or Disaster

>pic on the slide Dave Franco as Ethan Hawk.

    I wake up with the jolt because of my alarm. Along with an excruciating headache, I groggily get off my bed to take a shower. While looking in the mirror, I notice my eyes are all red and puffy due to the crying from last night. I get dressed and I am not particularly in a good mood because I lost one of the things that mean the most to me. As I was making done making breakfast, the doorbell rings and I rush to open the door. When I do, I see Ethan standing outside.
    "Hey Lara, how are you?" Ethan inquires.
    "I'm good, how about you?" I reply.
    "Good, good. Well...we're still on for the date tonight, right?" he asks.
    "Yeah, if you still want to go..." I answer unsure.
    "Yeah of course, I'll pick you up at around....eight o'clock, be ready and dress nice," he says with a smirk. I hear a loud honk indicating Tori's arrival.
    "Gotta go! Bye," I say as I run towards her car. I get in the back since Jessica was riding with us.
    "Hey girl," says Tori.
    "Hi girls," I reply.
    "So I heard you have a hot date tonight and we need to go shopping for it," Jessica askes smugly, wiggling her eyebrows.
    "Yes, I have a date tonight," I reply, smiling. We chat about different things on the way to school. As soon as we parked our car and got out, we see Xavier and Zach who are leaning against their bikes. They push off and walk towards us.
    "Ladies," he greets with a smirk followed by a nod from Zach.
    "Brother," replies Jessica.
    "Boys," Tori says.
    "Where are you whisking off my princess to?" he asks, the question addressed to the other two girls.
    "YOUR princess?" Jessica asks and smirks. She then replies, probably knowing about her brother's playboy attitude. "Well just so you know 'your' princess has a date tonight."
    "A date? Cara, you didn't tell me we had a date tonight. I would have planned ahead," he replies, showing a disappointed look. He then winks at me and wiggles his eyebrows with a smug expression on his face. "Oh well, it doesn't matter. I'm known to set a good date in a short time leaving girls wanting for more if you know what I mean."
    "Pfft...in your dreams," I reply.
    "Oh, you're always in my dreams, babe," he says.
    "URG," I say and was about to reply when the bell rings and we are forced to go to school. After my first two lessons, I enter my third class and take a seat. I then begin reading when a chair gets dragged beside me.
    "Hiya princess," Mr. Arrogant says and sits down next to me. I ignore him and continue reading. After a while, he starts to poke me. Every second, I would feel his finger in my side.
    "What the hell do you want Xavier?" I ask, clearly annoyed.
    "Who's your date with tonight?" he questions.
    "Why would I tell you who my date is with?" I reply.
    "Cause you are mine and you're not allowed to date," he answers possessively.
    "Who do you think you are? My father?" I scream.
    That's when the teacher comes in and starts class. Upset by what I just said because it reminded me of my father, I excuse myself and leave. Walking out of the doors, I make my way to the gardens and sit beneath a tree. I bring my knees up to my chest and place my head on it. I start to sob, not being able to hold it in anymore. I was crying when I suddenly felt something warm pressing against me and rubbing my back soothingly. I look up with teary eyes and come face to face with Shawn. He whispers soothing words to me.
    "Hey, what's wrong? Come on, don't cry," he says in a worried tone. His touch seemed friendly, almost brotherly.
    "It's nothing," I reply in a shaky voice.
    "No, it's not nothing...you can tell me, you know," he says, looking into my eyes which made me break and tell him the reason as to why I'm crying.
    "It's because I miss my father who passed away," I whisper.
    He continues to say more reassuring words to me and lifts me up while offering to take me home. He had his around my shoulders when Xavier stops in front of us, blocking the way. It appears as if he was fuming. However, why would he be fuming? I begin to ponder on. He couldn't be jealous, could he? Before any of us could say a word, Tori comes in with Jessica excitedly.
    "Ready to go shopping?" she exclaims and without waiting for a reply from any of us, she starts dragging me with her.
    "Thank you!" I yell over my shoulder, giving Shawn a small smile.
    "It's no problem," he replies with a big grin.
    "So what was going on back there? It seemed intense and were you crying?" Tori talks quickly, spitting out as many questions possible with one breath.
    "Nothing! Everything's fine," I say which causes Tori to get the message.
    She knows I don't want to talk about it now, not in front of Jessica. Tori and I have gotten pretty close and I have told her everything. From my parents to my brother to my evil cousin, she knows it all and is pretty supportive of it. We head towards the mall to shop for my date tonight and distract myself. We go to many shops and finally decide on a violet dress with a sweetheart neckline and ends mid-thigh. To match, I buy black pumps. After shopping, we go to dress me up and Tori suggests we go to her place and then come back after the date so that I can tell her all the tiny details of my evening with Ethan.
    We accept the offer and immediately head to her place which was not a house, but a mansion with a large driveway. As we walk pass the grand entrance, Jessica says she has to head back home due to a couple of reasons and leaves. Tori leads me up to her room which was huge. The walls are peach and red with a queen size canopy bed towards the side. She drags me into a huge walk in wardrobe. On the wall to the left, there are pictures of family and friends. However, the one picture that stands out from all of them is Tori with her hand around a really good looking guy who shows some resemblance to someone I know, but I couldn't figure out who. The man held her by her waist and they were looking into each other's eyes.
    "Oh, that's Xander, the guy I loved and still do," she says with a sad smile when she saw me gawking at the picture. "Let's get started!"
    "Yes, let's go," I agree. She does my makeup and curls my hair so that I look pretty.
    "Oh, he's going to go crazy when he looks at you," she exclaims. She drives me home ten minutes before eight which is just before the date. As I hop out of the car, she wishes me luck and I reply with thanks. A few minutes later, a black Audi pulls up. Ethan steps out and rings the bell.
    "Hi," I greet with a smile as soon as I open the door. I check out his clothes. He is wearing a blue button up with dress pants and has pink flowers in his hand. He looks good but not as good as Mr. Bad boy; I think about Xavier in a tuxedo and immediately shake my head. Ughhh, why a, I thinking about him?
    "Hi...you look pretty," he says and hands me the flowers which I take while blushing a little. "Ready to go?"
    "Yeah," I reply and step out of the house towards his car.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :
Where is Ethan taking her on the date ....??was Xavier really jealous ???Tori loved Xander .....Xavier's brother .....will lara find out that Xander is Xavier's brother who died .....??

Plz vote and comment. ...:)
~M