part 6

The next few weeks were the best of my life. I had never imagined i would have said this but Niall had become the centre of my universe. He had become my best friend. I would wake up to his morning messages and fall asleep with his sweetdream wishes. He was there for me, like a pillar, keeping me strong, showing me that maybe i wasn't condemned to live a life of hell after all. He made me happy.
"Hey sweetness," he called as he headed my way. I smiled.
"Here," he handed me a box. Pizza! Gosh he knew exactly what i wanted without me even having to say. As i devoured my lunch he just watched me, looking rather amused. He rarely ever had lunch with me because he was mostly always with his girlfriend. Its not like i could complain though. When i realised i had been scoffing while he wasn't eating, i offered him a bite. He took a bite and then joked, " I bring you pizza and all i get is a bite of it."
I elbowed him in the ribs. He pretended it hurt then started tickling me as i laughed my head off like an idiot. He walked me to class then headed off to his own class. Somehow he had convinced me to take up some kind of activity outside school. So i had chosen to go with dance lessons. So after school i was going to head to the small dance studio nearby. Niall decided to walk me there.
"Okay i'll see you tomorrow," i said as we reached.
"I'm coming to watch you," he let out. No way. I pushed him away and gave him a menacing look. He didn't seem to care and just followed me inside and sat down on the bench in a corner. I changed into a crop top and some tiny shorts. I felt awkward with him seeing me in so little clothes. The class was so enjoyable. Once i started dancing i seemed to forget everything. I hadn't thought i'd be great at dancing but the instructor seemed pretty pleased with me by the end of the first session. Niall had had to leave halfway through the class. Gloria wanted to hangout. I felt hurt a little by him just leaving but i brushed those thoughts away and headed home. After a long hot bath, i made myself a cup of tea. I checked my phone. One message from Niall.
Your dancing is breath-taking. You won't believe how unbelievably sexy you looked, definitely hard to resist.
Sorry for leaving like that.
I typed back. I was pissed at him.
Don't worry about it, i guess i'll just have to accept the fact that your HERS not mine.
I pressed send. Shit! What the hell was wrong with me. Why did i just say that to him?
Damn was i jealous? No this better not be the case. For the rest of the evening i couldn't stop thinking about how much it bothered me to see him with her. I hated when i saw he close to her. It hurt for some reason. But before today i had never bothered to think about why, i just avoided it. My phone vibrated, Niall was calling. I rejected the call for the twenty-sixth time. I couldn't talk to him just yet. I think i was falling for him and this was not right. It was everything i had promised myself to never let happen. But i could not ignore the fact that when i was with Niall nothing else mattered, no one else mattered either. What was i going to do?
I called Hazel. I explained how i felt to her and waited for her to say something.
" Aleya, tell him how you feel," she eventually said.
But how could i confess this to him. He already had a girlfriend. This would just complicate things and i would lose him. There was no way i could come to term with losing him. In those six months Niall had become my world.
" You either tell him or i tell him," she threatened before cutting the call. Knowing Hazel she would definitely tell if i didn't. I didn't want him to find out from her. It had to be me who told him even if it meant i'd lose him.
The next morning i tried very hard to find a really cute outfit to wear. I put on a little extra make-up and straightened my hair. Why was i even doing all this i wondered constantly. He had seen the real messed up me, so i had nothing to hide. Still. Once i reached school i started stressing. Hazel met me early as if to give me some advice but that only made me stress more. Finally Niall arrived. The moment i had been dreading too.
"Niall, Aleya has something to tell you," Hazel chirped.
I could feel my cheeks turning bright red.
Niall looked at me curiously. I took a deep breath.
"Okay, the reason i was bitchy last night is because i can't keep pretending like it doesn't break my heart to see you with her. I can't keep acting like i don't care because the truth of the matter is i think i have fallen for you. Actually i don't think, i'm positive about it. You have me completely under your charm and i know you probably are going to hate me but i had to tell you because it was driving me insane."
There! It was all out.
I looked up at him. He looked shocked. But before he could say a word we got interrupted by Gloria.
She gave me a nasty look then slipped her hand into his and kissed him. I could feel my insides turn, i felt like i was going to be sick. Tears were starting to fill my eyes as i grabbed my backpack and walked away.
How could i have been so stupid to even admit my feelings to him. It was clear he wanted to be with her. And now i would have to live like this...heartbroken...