Chapter 8

*Mark's P.o.V*
I was in the middle of a game of hearthstone when there was a knock at my door. I picked Lyra up off my lap and walked to the door. I opened the door and there stood two men, one with blond hair and the other with black hair. "Hello? How can I help you?"

"We're going to take the mountain lion cub back to a rescue sanctuary." One of the men said. "What? You can't do that!" "Yes we can. Now give me the animal!" He said, pushing their way past me. I shut the door once they got close to Lyra.

"What's going on, Mark?" Lyra said through telepath. "I don't know.." "What was that?" The blond said. "N-Nothing. Anyways, how did you know?!" "Oh, someone here phoned up." The dark haired man said, picking Lyra up by the scruff.

By now she was hissing and trying to claw them. "Put her down!" "Do you have any legal documents to keep it?" He sneered. "Well...no..but you can't take her!!" I said, raising my voice. The door creaked open and Lewis stood there "What is going on here!" "They're-" The blond cut me off. "We received a phone call to take the mountain lion cub back to a rescue sanctuary." Lewis nodded slowly "Well at least she'll be safe."

"But lew-" "Turps, she'll be okay. And you can't really keep her, she's not a pet, she's a wild animal!" "M-Mark?!" I turned to the men who had shoved Lyra into a pet carrier, which to me did not look suitable for a Mountain Lion cub. "What's happening?!" I stayed silent. The dark haired one picked up the carrier roughly and started out of the door, followed by the blond. I watched as their car drove "Mark, no! They can't! It's-"

"Lyra?! What happened?!" The link between us felt weak and I fell to my knees. "Are you okay, Mark?" Lewis asked cautiously. "Y-Yeah. Just a head ache." "Ah, okay. I'll leave you to it." He started to walk away. "Wait, Lewis. Can you find out who used the office phone recently?"

"Yeah...why?" I stood up and turned to him "I just need to know who used it last, please." "Okay. It won't take too long, I don't think." He said, walking to his office again. "Thanks!"

I looked down at the crystal around my neck, it was fading slightly. "I'll get you back, Lyra!"

*Lyra's P.o.V*
I sat in this uncomfortable box in some big thing that was moving. The link between me and Mark was growing weak and could break at any moment, possibly killing us both. I have to message Mark but I felt to weak. "Come on Lyra" I thought. I focused on the crystal Mark wore.

"Mark...it's..Larc...Help!" I collapsed onto the hard floor of the box. I just hope he got the message..

***
I had kinder chocolate ice cream in France birches! Also I wrote some people's oneshot requests but wattpad deleted them all :(
-Cat