EPILOGUE

— Unorthodox

NEW CRIB. – Piff Marti & Viper Beats ♪ ♫

AMELIA:

One year later...

I know it's hard for most girls to just come out and say something like, "I am happy, and I am going to love one guy for the rest of my life."

I'm living in a two-bedroom apartment with a man that has truly helped mold me into a nicer person, a better person—a person that openly gives a shit.

Our apartment is small, but its home.

Though I came to find out Harold wasn't really my biological father and knowing Robbie didn't care about him at all—I still went to his funeral when I found out he had gotten run over by a Mack truck.

He was a lonely, very sad man. He was very hateful and selfish, too. I was there, because I knew he needed someone else to be there for him besides his grumpy older sister, Satan. (Her name is Reba, but she so resembles the devil.) Only three people came to the funeral besides me and I'm not sure who the third person was.

Robbie has learned to let go, too. He's playing drums for Calling Jacks again, and they're performing on Underdog's Underground's cloud six next summer in June.

Kirk Folly no longer experiments with new drugs anymore. He still smokes pot. He says it's basically his medicine and he'd rather smoke pot than get prescribed medication that isn't helpful for him. He's happy and I'm happy for him. His wardrobe is the same and he's still the funniest guy I know. He has also become friends with Gage, Oliver, and Parrish. He repairs bongs, and other smoking devices for a living.

Callie is still working as a blackjack dealer on Underdog's Underground's cloud seven, but unfortunately—she's getting all weird about Robert. I think they might be hiding up each other's asses again.

Chaise moved to Nebraska, but it wasn't for college—he eloped with some young woman named Kelly in Vegas right before moving there. I'm sure they learned how to ski together, and they might have spilt hot cocoa all over each other's faces while cuddling on the couch, being cute and annoying. He calls me sometimes, and I do miss Chaise. My eldest brother was basically my dad.

My real dad is so much nicer than I'll ever be—both of my parents are. I came to find out Jonny wasn't there for me as I grew from small little baby to holy shit I have boobs—because he was on an extended undercover assignment. His final assignment was the Underdog's Underground heist plan. He had set-up those buttheads that tried to rob Underdog's. Jonny is happily retired now and living in a nice suburban home in Lake Havasu City with my mother. I did forgive him for everything, and I've never met a person as cool as him, honestly. He only stayed away from Chaise and I to protect us. My mother was saved by this man. She was in a psychiatric hospital where she had stayed for six months, until he found her and gave her hope again. He had got her out of that place. She traveled with him, undergoing a fake name for the remainder of his investigations—up until that day I saw her again, for the first time in four years.

Oliver and Marina broke up, and as far as I know — Oliver is now single and ready to mingle again. He's kind of OCD though, and I heard he had some kind of foot fetish — just kidding. Oliver is so much better than most guys and no girl can resist a good musician. He's living with Gage and Robert in my old house, though he has complaints regarding their sloppiness.

Gage and Lina have a "friends with benefits" thing going on now, despite me telling Lina he has a dirty dick. She had asked when I first told her, "He's bi?"

I had laughed so hard; I accidentally spit on her face. She's not homophobic at all, she's just silly.

The pact has kind of expanded into this non-gambling, more adult-like situation—and, well, we all have real jobs now.

We knew for a while that luck never lasts, and winning streaks fade--but we also wanted to believe in our strength. Wordlessly said before—we didn't really know what the hell we were doing. We were "youngins" that experienced an abnormally lengthy leap of faith.

Callie was the first to catch onto the end of her luck-streak, which is why she has always played it safe with a decent job. She loves dealing.

I was the second to notice. I worked with Jane and Parrish at the diner for a few months—that is until Jane smiled on her last day of work, and says to me, "I quit." It was time for her to retire, and I knew that long before I started working there. I landed Callie's old job a few weeks later—final destination's receptionist. It's boring, but it's also pretty easy. I surf the web regularly.

Lina was the last to lose her streak. She's continuing with her cashier position at Sasha's cafe but has also scored a dancing gig. She's going to be training as a new dancing instructor in just a few short weeks.

Parrish is producing his own music and has just finished his first full album. He named the album, "In between times" after the leading song, and it made my heart flutter oddly like that one time when we first met.

Parrish and his dad talk more often now that he and Caroline are divorced. Nelson, Parrish's dad — is who initiated the divorce in the first place. Parrish was proud of him, and ultimately—he knew his dad could never be less than strong enough to make it. He judged his dad so harshly and I helped him see his dad for who he is and accept him. He loves his dad so much.

Jane never got over Walter Hendrix, but she did learn to love again. Jane is engaged to a very cool older guy that has just as thick of an accent as her. When Jane retired, the diner was passed on to someone in her family—wait for it—not Jane's niece, Fiona. Karen Crowley, Jane's daughter owns the diner now. Karen has plenty of motivation and Fiona listens to her. I still go to the diner with Parrish sometimes, just because of memories and stuff. We love the Country Chickery.

People that don't know me probably think I'm trying to redeem myself for all the bitchiness I've polluted the earth with, you know—by being nice for once.

But really, a person changes positively when they're introduced to a feeling—a certain feeling that has no bottom and is also endless.

Parrish is my endless feeling, and I'm just naturally happy because of him—we get lost with each other so easily.

Parrish can do things that make me squirm, and it's not even physical contact sometimes. There's just this thing about him, and the fact that I love him so damn much or whatever.

When he sings, when he play's his guitar, or even when he's on the couch in nothing but polka dot boxers scarfing down dry fruit loops.

He's the man of my dreams—the best kind of dreams.

We go on dates, but we've never put ourselves up for schedule. That's too complex for us. Sometimes we just want to watch movies at home, and cuddle...okay, maybe not cuddle the entire time.

We have sex a lot, every day, almost. That's always great.

We love each other, and we tell each other that—because it's real, and we feel the urge to just say it over every little thing, instead of feeling obligated to at one point during the day like normal people.

We'rea damn cool, completely unorthodox couple—and I'm more than okay withthat. I love that. I'm going to thank God every day for helping me findParrish, my parents, but ultimately, conquering my demons. I'm going to pray inrestaurants when I eat out, even if people look at me funny because they'relacking faith. I hope everyone can get on the same page, some day. I hate evil,but I love people. I never thought I'd feel that way about people before I metmy soulmate.