Living in Despair.

Part six:
My head pounded with each moment. It was cold and wet everywhere. I was covered by a thin layer of moisture that I pushed away with my hand. I regained my senses. Thorn moaned next to me.
"Thorn!" I alerted her. I pushed her body over as the huge, ugly ogre tossed a rock at my head. We fall down into a ditch. The ogre doesn't follow us.
I picked myself up and brushed the little pebbles off of my knees. Thorn screamed in pain. Blood poured out of her head. I took a look. It would have been a good moment to have Wynne with us.
"How bad is it?" She asked. "I feel like my head is raining blood."
"You are going to be alright. Take deep breaths." I tried to dab the blood away.
"Can I help?" Niniel asks. "Say the word and aid will come."
"Alright. I need help." I figured that anything was worth a try.
A swarm of bugs flew all over us. They didn't bite, sting, or hurt. They just flew into our faces and crawled onto our skin. They suddenly disappeared. So did Thorn's wound. "Thank you, Niniel."
For a moment, we just sat in the dirt. I took slow breaths. Then I realized the key to defeating each demon. "We need to find out what kind of demon it is. Then we put the person's mind at peace and they are freedom."
"You make it sound so easy. What kind of demon likes dirt, rocks, rain, and the cold?"
"I do not know." A rock lands a few feet from me.
"I think we should worry about that thing,
first." Thorn rolled away from moving boulders.
"I'd say so. Come on." I climbed up the steep incline.
The ogre did not see us for a moment. I took the opportunity to get behind him. I almost forgot that thorn was behind me. I jumped on it's back and climbed on too of it's horns. I pulled my arms out to keep myself balanced on his head and stuck a blade into him. I was hanging right in front of his eye, when I flung myself at him and pierced his eye. He fell to the ground and I jumped off of him.
"How did you learn to do that?" Thorn inquired.
"I have had a lot of practice." I replied.
" Where are we?" I looked around and tried to find an answer. There was no doubt that we were near the kocari wilds. Darkspawn started to swarm US.
"Ostagar." I responded.
"Who was at Ostagar? Your brother or your husband?"
"Both of them. We need to escape this hoard. Come."
We ran forward. The Darkspawn were always following right behind us. They threatened us with their glowing red eyes.
I heard sobs. They were the sobs of a woman. Her voice was soft and familiar. I only have to see her face to know whose pain I was hearing. Fergus crouched over Oriana and Orian's body.
"I should never have gone. I should have persuaded my father to wait for Howe's army and leave with them. We would have stood a better chance." He sobbed. Oriana's ghost replied.
"What sort of man leaves his wife and child defenseless? In our last moments, we were waiting for your rescue. You never came."
"I apologize." He looked to the ground in shame and sorrow.
"That isn't your wife. She's a demon!" Thorn shouted.
Fergus looks up. "Oh Amber. I left you defenseless too. You are also, but a spirit. Forgive me." He pleaded.
"I am very much Alive, so are you. This isn't real."
"How dare you say my pain is fake!" He roared.
"Amber!" Thorn directed my attention to the swarm of Darkspawn around us.
"I did not mean to say that your pain is not real. It is very real. This is not the Oriana that you were married to."
"Amber! Hurry!" Thorn held back several Darkspawn.
"You are no more to blame for their deaths than I am. Oriana knows that, Fergus. She loved you and she never would have wanted you to feel this way. A demon is using your pain against you. Do not let it. Resist." He closed his as if to sleep and took a deep breath.
"Goodbye Oriana, my love. I shall never forget you." He blew a kiss into the sky. "Goodbye Orian, my strong boy. Take care of your mother for me." He took his sword and jammed it into the ground. Everything dissolved into black dust.
"Your task is almost complete. Jessalyn will be defeated soon enough."
Once again, we travel through the air.

** sorry this chapter is so short.