eighteen speechless

Goosebumps rise on my skin from the damp, chilly air. I look around and see tight concrete walls surrounding me without any windows or doors.
How did I get in here?
I look down at my scuffed bare feet.
What is happening?
I spin around and see something I didn't see before.
An unusually tall man dressed in nothing but black clothing stands stiffly, wearing no facial expression whatsoever.
At first, I think that I recognize him, but then decide against it. For a second he looked familiar.
I'm not really sure of anything right now.
Beside him, stands Simon. A dark evil grin covers his face, turning his cold eyes impossibly colder. He steps forward a bit and looks right at me. "Ms. Adeline Castro." His hands fold across his chest, using my real name. "You've been up to no good, I hear."
I try to speak, but find myself completely unable to, as if my lips were glued together.
Or maybe there's duct tape over my mouth. I bring my hand up and brush my fingers across my lips.
No glue. No tape.
Why can't I speak?
"I did offer you a brief overview of the consequences, yes?"
I try to shake my head, no, but nothing moves. I am frozen. Unable to do anything.
"Bring her out." Simon gestures to the tall man and he obeys immediately.
A distant, faint rattling sound grows louder and louder.
And then, in front of me, stands a defeated looking little girl. Her shoulders slump over as if they've been carrying tons. Her once lively blonde hair now hangs in limp, greasy strands. Her chin slowly tilts up so that I catch sight of her whole face.
Hadlee.
I try to race over and hug her, but of course, I'm unable to move.
Her icicle blue eyes pierce into me saying, 'this is all your fault'.
I know. I try to scream. I'm sorry.
Nothing happens for several minutes, so I begin to study her. I am very aware this is one of the last times I see her and I need to remember her.
I need to.
I study her light features that match my mothers.
Bleach blonde hair and crystal blue eyes on top of papery white skin.
Unfortunately, my features match my fathers. Dark brown hair, golden eyes and an abundance of freckles on top of sun kissed skin.
I wouldn't say that I necessarily look like my father, I just have his coloring.
As for Hadlee, she is a spitting image of my mother. It's a wonder they named me after my mother and not Hadlee.
But Hadlee looked so much liked her, it drove me crazy missing her sometimes.
"Alright." Simon widens his stance and flattens his suit jacket down as if it weren't already perfectly ironed. "Adeline, do you have a goodbye to offer your sister?"
I try with everything in my power to scream how sorry I am.
To scream how much I love her.
To scream anything at all.
Or maybe I would scream at Simon.
Scream at him to stop.
Scream at him to give me one more chance.
But in the end I stand in the same position I started in. Saying nothing.
Saying nothing for god knows what reason.
"No?" He cracks a smile and sort of chuckles. "Okay. Without further ado..."
The tall man dressed in black, head to toe, produces something from the waistband of his pants.
It catches the light and reflects into my eyes.
A gun.
Again, I try to scream, but of course nothing happens.
This can't be real.
There's no way I would ever lose my sister.
She is all I have left.
Everything I have left.
And if she is gone, what do I do?
He holds it up to my sisters head and cocks it.
Only it wasn't my sister anymore. It was my mother.
And the man in the black wasn't the man in the black anymore.
It was my father.
To my surprise, I was able to close my eyes.
I didn't even open them back up after I heard the deafening shot and then a body slumping to the floor.

A/N: sorry bout the short chapter. i'll update soon.
i know this was confusing but the next chapter sorta explains it.
what do YOU think happened?
just gimme 21 votes and comments.
hey. hit me up with a follow if you don't already.
do you guys want smut or ???
i haven't put any cause y'all seem squeamish.
just lemme know
i'm really trying to change my story covers but i'm kinda a perfectionist so it's gonna take a loooooooong time
keep it real
-h.m.