Bowling - Part 1

If you think my first few days of school has been weird, it's definitely about to get a whole lot weirder...

The school week passed in a blur and it was now the weekend. I showered, brushed my teeth and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Hey sleepyhead, I made pancakes," my Mom smiled warmly, pushing a plateful in my direction. "Tony and I decided we'd go bowling with you and Tyler. So we can do things as a family."

"Sure.." I replied, not really knowing what to think. It's still hard adjusting to this new 'family.' I don't like doing things without my Dad around. Although, going bowling with Tyler will certainly be interesting. I wonder if he's gonna be a jerk as usual or if he'll be as nice as he has been these past few days.

"Hey Lyssa," Tony said as he entered the kitchen, along with Tyler. They both took a seat at the dining table. Tony was wearing a checkered shirt and jeans and Tyler, surprisingly was still in his pyjamas.

"Hey," I smiled. Tony and I get along really well, he always genuinely seems to care about me.

I sat down at the dining table too and took a bite of my pancake. And two bites. And three. I could feel my phone vibrating in my pocket as I went for the fourth.

"Someone's popular," Tyler remarked.

"Says you," I retorted. Which was true - everyone loved him at school. Who knows why.

After breakfast, I went back up to my room to get ready to go bowling. I pulled out a pair of navy blue, skinny jeans and a plain black t-shirt. I brushed my hair and pulled it back into a ponytail.

Once I had finished applying my make up, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket again. I had totally forgot about my text earlier!

I took my phone out and I had two new texts.

From: Matt
Good morning Al ;) xx

From: Matt
What are you doing today?xx

It was the first time he had texted me since we'd ended things. I typed back a reply.

To: Matt
Good morning Matt! Going bowling with my family! How about you? ;) Xx

He didn't reply. Not that I had expected him to either. Or did I?

The bowling alley was only ten minutes away so I didn't mind being in a car with Tyler. He mostly kept quiet while I talked with my mum and Tony.

When we had changed our shoes, we walked to an empty lane.

"I'll go get the balls!!" I exclaimed, which actually got a chuckle out of Tyler.

"I think you're gonna need a little help with those," he followed me to where the balls were kept and picked up the heaviest one. It was green. He seemed like he had no trouble carrying it.

"Is it heavy?" I asked curiously, reaching for it with my hands.

"Here," he placed the ball in my hands, his fingers brushing mine. I felt those lightning bolts again and before I realised what was happening, the ball had dropped from my hands and fallen onto Tyler's foot.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry!" I quickly picked up the ball and put it back on the rack. "I don't know what-"

"It's okay," Tyler grinned, looking like he hadn't just had a sixteen pound ball fall on his foot.

"Does it hurt?" I asked inquisitively.

And just like that he was gone again.

-------------------------------------------------------

-sorry for updating a whole year later and it's so short D: and it will probably be so awful since I haven't had much time to write it but I will be posting part 2 soon!
I've got a LOT going on right now but I'm gonna try my best to upload as soon as I can even if they're really late updates!
Next chapter will be super long, promise!
-xo