Betting On Love: 1

Coming home from A game of basketball at a local court I saw my two little brothers and my little sister sitting in the corner crying.

Smack! The sickening noise had came from upstairs.

"Jaylen get out of my house ! I'm over you and James will be here any minute" My mother, Amber, cried out in a terrified shaky voice.

I knew that my crazy and obsessed father was in there beating my mother because she refused to take him back. He would appear at least twice a month pleading with my mom to take him back. She would always refuse because she was happily in love and married to my step-dad James for the last 5 years, they had my 3 siblings together and James had a son that was 3 years older than me.

"Go next door to Ms.Rosie's and call dad for help,Hurry and don't come back!" I pushed the eldest Jaquan who was 9 out the front door with the younger two following close behind him.

As soon as they got safely to the next door house I ran up the wide staircase. My legs felt heavy as my feet pressed against the hardwood stairs. With a lump in my throat I slowly pushed open my mother's bedroom door and saw Jaylen slapping her around like a rag-doll, I noticed the basketball that I still had in my arms from earlier and threw it at the back of his head with all my might.

"Get the F-ck off my mom you douche" I yelled at my sperm donor.

"Hey baby girl, I didn't hear you come in, come and give daddy a hug" He turned around rubbing the back of his head.

I backed up close to the wall. "Y-y-your not m-my dad, J-james is....G-get away from me" I stuttered in fear as I saw a flash of angry in his eyes.

"Is that so...You ungrateful little b-tch" Raising his hand and slapping me to the floor. My face was stinging and my mother as screaming "Get away from my daughter, You monster."

He was a monster but he never raised his hand to me and I never thought he would. He kicked me in the side while I laid still in a fatal position and cried.

Lord please don't let me die I'm to young, I silently prayed.

The kicking had stopped but my mothers screams had increased. I looked up and saw my hero - the man I considered and wished that he was my real dad , James Hines. He had my 'Sperm donor' on the ground and he was throwing punches at his head and tossing him around like a rag-doll, giving him his own taste of medicine.

* End Of Flashback*

The little love that I did have for my dad disappeared that horrifying day, which was last week. I was now looking out of my taxi admiring the Los Angeles beaches that was decorated with the tallest and fanciest palm trees that complimented the creamy coloured sand.

We turned on a street that I recognized was the address that my aunt gave me - Palmdale Ave. After that incident back in Buffalo,NY my Aunt Ajade offered me to come live in Los Angeles with her and I gladly accepted. Not only because she was my favorite aunt but also because she was the youngest and coolest. "Whats the address?" The taxi driver asked me in a heavy western accent that was hard to understand, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"724?" I really didn't mean for it to come out in a question.

The taxi slowed down and came into a halt in-front of a beige brick ranch house, even though it was only one story it was still wide. I peered into the backyard and it was very spacious with a nice basketball hoop added onto the garage. Two cars were parked in the back, a pretty red ford fusion and a white and shiny Audi.

I knew my aunt could afford an Audi but it wasn't her style and she never said anything about having an Audi but I knew she had the fusion. I paid the driver and gathered my things in sat them near the steps as I surveyed the neighborhood, it was nice and quiet except for the 3 black girls who starred me down, two of them were light skin and the other was dark skin. I threw a fake smile at them and turned around grabbing my things as I walked up the few concrete steps to the large white door.

I softly knocked on the door and took a deep breath, this was my first time seeing my Aunt since last years thanksgiving.

I closed my eyes waiting for a tight hug from her as the door swung up.

"Are you Jayden?" A deep, yet husky voice questioned me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLIFFHANGER...... Yes I know it's short but Its going to get Juicy I Promise :)

This story may have some grammar and spelling issues but im not that great at grammar so if you find any problems, I'm sorry :(

Comment For More ;)

Oh Yeah Check Out A'jayden On The Side There >