Ninja of Regret

THIS CHAPTER STARTS AFTER THE LAST CHAPTER OF HUNT FOR THE GREEN NINJA. PLEASE READ THAT BEFORE YOU READ THIS CHAPTER.

LIZ'S P.O.V.

What have I done? I wake up in a bed in Nya's room. Why would they let me stay here? After all I've done? I get up and walk out of the room. I wonder where everyone is. They're probably training. I walk outside, onto the deck. I was right, they are training. Lloyd is the first to see me, tensing up when he does. The others notice and stop what they're doing. Jay gets hit by one of the dummies, and I stifle a laugh. I look sorrowfully at them, then prepare to take off.

"Where are you going?" Zane says.

"I have to leave," I say. "I can't stay here anymore." I bow respectfully to them and whisper, "I'm sorry for the trouble I may have caused."

"May have caused?!" Cole yells. "You killed Zane!"

I stand up and take a step back. "I know. I'm sorry. But I brought him back. I couldn't-"

"Couldn't what?" Jay asks. "Couldn't bare the thought of being responsible for the death of a human?"

I feel Darkness take over slightly. "I've killed many humans before," I say, "but I have brought none of them back. Their lives were worthless." As Darkness recedes I flinch away from them. They took a few steps back already.

"You mean Zane was the first one you've brought back? Ever?" Kai asks.

"Yes."

"Then that, my brothers, is proof that we should forgive her," Zane says, coming towards me.

I quickly climb to the roof, so I am farther from them. "No. They're right not to forgive me. I have to go." With that, I take off in the form of a bird. I can't stand to look at them anymore. I betrayed them.

ZANE'S P.O.V.

"Well that went well," Kai says.

"No, it went quite the opposite," I say. "Now she's gone, and we'll never know if we will see her again."

"So?" Lloyd asks. "She was a threat, Zane. She could've lost control again."

"Ninja always forgive," Sensei says, coming out on the deck. "We must find her. With the state that she is in, both physical and emotional, she could hurt herself and others."

"So she's a threat," Lloyd says.

Sensei doesn't respond, but we know Lloyd is right. Even Sensei thinks she's a threat.

"But master, she is just confused," I say.

"An enemy who is unstable like her is always the most dangerous."

"Now she's an enemy? Darkness controlled her. She is not at fault, Darkness is!"

"Zane," Cole says, " she killed you! How can you still like her?"

"Because she was there." They look at me quizzically. "She was in our past. Probably all of our pasts. Sensei, you knew who she was before we did. You stopped us from attacking her that first time we met. How do you know her?"

Sensei look at the ground. "First," he says, we must go to where it all began."

"What do you mean?" Cole asks.

"We must travel to her home, Kini."

We gasp, unsure of how to respond. Are we really going to go to her home planet? What we will we find out that she's not telling us?