41 | Pie

| Ricky's POV |

The rain began to fall lightly on my skin as I stepped out of the car. Chris didn't really care much about me leaving. I don't know if he understood that I needed a breather, or if he just really didn't give a shit. I still can't believe he just brushed me off like that! I knew the lovey-dovey mood from getting engaged had to wear off sometime.

I hugged Devin as I greeted him at the diner's entrance. He looked a little burnt out, just as I felt. We took a seat in the corner booth of the diner, our usual spot. I liked it here because I could watch the rain, Devin liked this spot so he could watch the people coming in and out, and we both enjoyed the silence. It's been a long time since we've been here, and the waitress made sure to comment on that.

Devin smiled at the middle aged woman. "But you still remembered us."

"Hard to forget you two. You aren't like the other people in this town." She responded.

I rested my head on the table and snickered. "You wouldn't happen to still remember our usuals, hm?"

"One slice apple pie, one slice pumpkin, two strong coffees." She said.

"You do remember!" I grinned.

"I'll be back with everything in a few minutes." The woman spoke as she headed towards the kitchen.

The people here were usually nice. Of course some stared because we were two pale grown men with black hair, clothes, and makeup. I sat up a bit and sighed as I looked over at Devin.

"So what's up with you and Chris?" He asked.

"It's nothing big, really. I just got a little frustrated today. I tried to talk to him about wedding details, and he told me to put it off until later. Watching the hockey game was more important." I grumbled.

"Fuck, I forgot there was a game on today!" He groaned.

I glared at him. "Stop being such a stereotype to tops."

"Hey, whoa, I am not a stereotypical top just because I like hockey. I can do makeup, pull off chick clothes, and dance better than a lot of bottoms out there." Devin joked.

"Well, you're definitely going to have to teach me how to dance for the wedding, because I don't know how to dance. At. All."

He smiled. "Definitely. Shiloh and I love to go dancing. It's so romantic. Speaking of him, any dance lessons will have to wait until after I get this whole legal situation sorted."

Our waitress returned with full hands. She set out plates in front of us, then mugs. We both thanked her as she poured our coffee. It was about ten o'clock at night, but anytime is coffee time.

I looked at Devin quizzically. "Legal situation?"

"Mhm." He responded as he chewed on a piece of apple pie. "Kylie still legally has guardianship over Bella. We just, never did anything about it. Today Bella has an asthma attack and when the school called home, Shiloh realized that he has no legal guardianship over her, whatsoever, and he won't speak to me until I fix it."

"So are you going to try to talk to her first and settle it nicely? Or are you just going to take her straight to court?" I asked, then took a drink of coffee.

"I'd like to settle this nicely with her. Less money in lawyer bills then. That doesn't mean that's the way it'll go."

I shrugged. "I mean, she hasn't been in Bella's life since she was carrying her. I don't see why she would even have a need for guardianship over Bella."

"She doesn't. I'm sure it won't be hard, so it's not that that I'm frustrated about. I'm upset that Shiloh got so pissed about it. He could have brought it up sweetly, and been somewhat concerned about Bella!" Devin stressed. "And you're not even listening to me."

"I am." I replied, setting down my phone. "I just had to reply to Chris' text. Apparently now he feels like paying attention to me." I rolled my eyes, then focused on Devin again. "Are you going to take Bella to the doctor?"

"I have to, to figure out if she's okay. What did Chris want?"

"Just for me to pick him up a few things from the store. You know, because that's what I fucking want to do at 10PM, go to the store." I snit. "It is getting late."

"I know," He spoke as he pulled out his wallet. "But I don't want to go home."

We both threw some money down on the table for the good meal. Devin stood up, pulling on his jacket, and I did the same.

"Neither do I." I sighed as I got up. "Chris is just being a little self centered right now. I hope it's short lived."

"Yeah, I hope Shiloh doesn't force me on the couch for much longer." He said as we left the diner. It was still raining, so he continued his goodbye under the awning. "Ricky, I know you love Chris, but I also don't want him using you. If you need a break, you know my home is always open to you."

"Thank you, Devin. If the tension gets to be too much with Shiloh, you can always come crash at our place too." I spoke, then caught him staring at me. "What?"

Devin laughed, with his charming smile. "Nothing. You just, always looked so beautiful caught in the rain."

I blushed, then went to hug him. "Drive safe." I muttered.

"You too." Devin replied.

We broke away from each other and walked to our cars. I started mine as he did his. However, we headed in different directions. I went towards the twenty-four hour Walgreens down the street to pick up my meds. As I sat there in the parking lot, the rain hit the car rhythmically.

I don't know why, but this weird feeling washed over me. I was just upset, for no real reason. Maybe all the small things and the scars of the past built up at the wrong time. I leaned against the steering wheel and just let myself have a good cry. I had no reason other than, I just needed to.