Battlegrounds

Hell. That's what it was. This was not Israel anymore. No more a land inhabited by my fathers creations, but the abominations that follow my fallen brother. "You see now how bad it has gotten brother. I'm glad your here to help now." Michael said to me. We looked over the land. The sky was dark. It's supposed to be two p.m. "Well I'm here under your command so what is the plan Michael?" "For now you are. After you catch up your calling the shots." I looked at him confused. "But how I have barely seen any combat." "Your the one Francesco. The one to end this. Not me, not our brothers, not even our father." He said. Right then an angel appeared, one of Michaels lieutenants. "Sir we have found them." She said. My brother turned around quick. "Where are they Samantha?" He asked. "They're about forty miles from here I can take you there." She said. "Let's go brother." We left with her.

We appeared in front of a three story high building. It was old with the paint chipping away and rust everywhere. "Who are we looking for brother?" I asked. "Artemus, Lucifers right hand man. He knows where he is. He has to." He said looking up and down the building. "We can take it from here Samantha, thank you." He said. "But sir you need help you cant go in there alone." She said. "What are you talking about I have Francesco." "Well sir given he hasn't seen combat and he has returned from being human I feel he isn't up for the task at hand." I was angered, but she was not wrong. "Well good thing I'm in charge, now go Samantha." She vanished. "Sorry about that. These Angels have been getting chatty. They're not like us." He said. "So what shall we do?" I asked. "Well I was thinking we'd simply walk through the front door." He had to be joking. Then I saw him walking straight to the door. I followed. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded yes. He kicked down the door, we rushed in. I counted six demons before Michael killed one right after entering. One rushed at me I pulled out the blade and jabbed it straight into his stomach. Michael now killed three. Two more demons rushed at me. I sliced the throat of one while the other kicked the blade out of my hand. I threw him to the wall, picked up my blade, and ran to him trying to get up. I put my hand on his head as I burned his soul. Him screaming to stop. "Not bad brother, although I do feel you've gotten a bit slow no?" He looked at me and smiled after his mocking. "Don't forget who saved you in Germany, brother. Your older but I'm just better." I said as I laughed. We looked at the next door. "He should be in here." He said. He opened the door. Papers were scattered all over the place, a desk at the end of the room. Michael nodded at me to check the desk. Blade in hand. I walked to the desk and checked under. I saw short fat man. Not demon or angel. "Please don't hurt me I'll give you whatever you want!" He screamed. I looked at Michael confused. He did not look surprised. He walked over and went behind the desk and grabbed the man out. "Get up!" He said. The man stood up scared and as fast as he could holding tight onto a briefcase. "I'm going to ask this one time. One time only." He grabbed the man by his polo shirt collar. "Where is Lucifer?" He asked. The man sweating. "Okay okay I'll tell you." He looked at me. "He's with Joan." He started to laugh. "Your too late. We won. I'm going to be at the top baby!" I grew very angry. I couldn't control myself. I held the blade tightly and took him out of Michaels hands. I pushed him to the wall. I put the blade into his chest splitting his heart into two. "No you won't." I took the blade out. Human blood on it. I had killed a human. Again. "I'm leaving." I said as I was walking away. "I will come with brother you can not take him on your own." "Oh I will." I left. I will make it, I will save Joan, I will kill Lucifer.