/8\

The rest of the car ride was spent in awkward silence that neither one of us wanted to break. Eventually we pulled onto what looked like someone's drive way, stopping outside of their large barn and white country home. I hadn't realised we were traveling to someone else's house.

I stepped out of the car, flattening down my shirt in a lame attempt to sort out my unkempt appearance. I stared over at Drift has he pulled up besides Crosshairs. Courtney stepped out with a large grin plastered to her face. I frowned, unamused.

The barn doors swung open, creaking and groaning as they smacked against the walls of the barn. I quickly turned my head, and watched as a man about 30 or 40 walked my way with a quickened pace. "Who are you." He demanded, shouting from about twenty feet away. He was gripping a wrench in his hand, everything about his stand screaming aggressive.

He was glaring straight at me, wrench in hand, white knuckled. I froze, not only scared, but unsure of what the hell I was supposed to do. I stumbled back a few steps as he raised the wrench above his head and swung down in the direction of Crosshairs' hood.

Crosshairs tires kicked up dirt as he quickly fled backwards and away from the wrench. I covered my face with my forearm, thinking the man would aim for me next. Instead, I saw him stumble backwards at Crosshairs quick reaction.

I could heard Drifts tires shift on the driveway as well, and I wasn't sure if it was a reaction out of surprise or concern.

I dropped my forearm from my eyes after a moment when the man didn't make any move to attack again. "Uh, my names— um, Ryan."

The man stared at me for a few moments, his gaze domineering. "Can I help you?" He briskly, his eyes flickering down to Crosshairs. "I don't usually get guests." 

I pursed my lips, looking down at Crosshairs as well. "I can tell," I mumbled, shifting my eyes back up at the man.  The familiar clicks and shifting gears of a transforming robot meet with my ears, and I turned to watch as Crosshairs transformed and stared down at the man with a dark look. 

"Ah don't appreciate you trying ta strike my hood," He said coldly. "Now, your name?" The man looked at him with his mouth agape, a twinkle in his eyes.

"Whoa," He breathed, eyeing Crosshairs like he was the finest fabric in the world. A slight smile was tugged at his thin lips. It wasn't exactly the reaction any of us were expecting.

Crosshairs squatted down so he was closer to the ground, and to the mans face. "Ah reckon your name's not 'whoa', fleshbag," He spat, although his bite was low. I could tell that the unexpected response was throwing him off. I watched confusion flicker over his silver face as the man finally allowed himself to smile. 

"My names Cade," Cade replied, finally tearing his eyes away from Crosshairs and looking back at me. "Sorry for the rude introduction, thought you were here to look at the house."

I cocked a brow, and opened my mouth to say something when I was cut off by a shrill yell. All heads turned towards the ruckus to discover a blonde teenage girl, appearing to be only a few years younger than I, standing on the porch. 

She was pointing a finger at Crosshairs, a look of pure unadulterated fear. "What the hell is that?!" She shrieked. "Is-is that an autobot?! We have to call the government!—"

"No!" Cade, Courtney, Crosshairs, and I all shouted at the same time. We then collectively shared  a look before turning our attention back on the young girl.

"Sweetie, it's okay— just come here, he's not here to hurt us," Cade cooed, trying to calm, what I assumed, what his daughter. The girls bright eyes lingered on Crosshairs for a moment longer before she dashed towards her dad and clung tightly to him when she got there. He turned back to Country and I. "You know those are illegal," He said, pointing a finger up at Crosshairs. "It's all over the news and stuff."