/15\

"Courtney, you can go with Crosshairs, Drift and Hound, since it seems you get along with them better." Cade motioned towards the bots. His comment was sucked dry of all humor, and I assumed it was because he was concerned for his daughter.

I rolled my eyes halfheartedly. "I think it's just Crosshairs." Drift added innocently, looking down at Cade.

Shane chuckled airily, throwing a quick look over his shoulder nervously. "Ya'know, I'd like to get going." He stated quickly.

"I'll go with Cade and Shane to help find Tessa." Courtney winked at me. I frowned. 

Cade nodded as he looked at Courtney. "Alright. Let's go." He said. The trio split off and headed in one direction, in search of Tessa. 

"Hurry! We only have ten minutes before this ship goes into space!" Drift yelled after them. Shane whipped around, his eyes wide. 

"Wha—"

"Turn around, we're going to find Tessa." Cade stopped him before he could speak, and was yanking Shane along with him as they walked away from us. 

I bit my bottom lip, and turned back around to face the autobots. "So what do we do?" I asked, trying to ignore the ten minute timer. Hound looked down at me, adjusting his grip on his gun.

"Find Optimus 'n get the hell off this ship." Hound replied simply. I nodded slowly, my brows raised. I figured that was the obvious grand scheme of things.

"Yeah, let's not waste any more time." Crosshairs replied, waving a hand. Hound gave a grunt in Response, and began walking away. Crosshairs swiftly reached down and grabbed me, then went after Hound and Drift.

"Try not ta get yourself killed." Crosshairs voice was blunt and devoid of any emotion. I scoffed.

"Same goes for you." I replied, resting my arms on his curled fingers. Crosshairs sighed heavily, his eyes still on the ship ahead.

"It's okay if Ah die-"

"Whoa whoa whoa." I put up a hand, silencing him. Looked down at me finally, and cocked a brow ridge. "It's not okay if you die. If you die, you affect me, and the autobots." I paused, registering his expression. "If I die, boo-hoo, its just another human casualty."

Crosshairs stiffened slightly. I felt his fingers tighten, and watched his shoulders stiffen. "That..that's not—"

"Crosshairs, up here." Drift cut him off unknowingly. Crosshairs hesitated before he set me down, and walked quickly over to Drift. He stood in front of a large rift, staring into it. There were two walls, and in between them were red lasers criss-crossing and filling up the space between. I couldn't see the end of the rift, due to the lack of lights. It just suddenly fell into shadows. I got shivers just looking into it.

"There it is." Crosshairs said in a low voice. Hey eyed the area before Crosshairs jumped into the rift, grabbing onto the small slots on the walls. He was careful not to touch any of the lasers as he ducked he head passed one. Drift waited outside, watching his friend with a close eye.

"I wouldn't fit." Hound shrugged, and turned around, probably making sure nothing was coming after us. I chuckled softly at his comment.

Drift turned around. "You're not agile enough, either." He added dryly. Hound snorted in response, but didn't say anything. 

A few moments past, and the ship lurched. I gave out a small yelp of surprise as I lost my balance and fell onto my butt. I cringed at the pain, and stood myself back up as soon as the ship stopped shaking.

Crosshairs leapt out of the rift, landing with a thump on the metal flooring. "Now we gotta find Prime." He said, picking me up roughly, and heading off in the direction Hound and Drift were going.