/10\

It had been at least another hour that we'd been on the road. I hadn't been paying attention to the time when I first woke up so I couldn't tell exactly how long it had been— but it sure as hell felt like a long time.

I'd been doing nothing but running through different scenarios of where I was being taken, or what had happened to the Autobots. All the concentration did nothing for my splitting headache. At least I no longer felt nauseous, but I certainly had a concussion to some degree. The light still hurt my eyes and there was a faint ringing in my ears. 

The car ride had been silent other than the brief conversation I had had with the red bot when I first woke up. The other car— the white one— was driving right next to us at the same speed, occasionally having to switch lanes in order to pass another vehicle. We were still on the highway, now out in a much grassier landscape.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked, half expecting for him to not even answer my question. Which he didn't. I sighed, my eyes glued to the road next to us as I tried to count the white lines on the asphalt. It didn't really work because we were going about ninety and the lines were beginning to morph all into one.

Suddenly the white car beside us dropped back, slamming on his brakes and making a u-turn in the middle of the highway. A few cars around it swerved out of the way, blaring their horns as the car came pummeling towards them.

"Whoa!" I shouted in surprise, trying to crane my neck to see what exactly was worthy of such a reaction.

The seatbelt tightened around me, yanking me back into place in the seat. "Well, it would seem we underestimated the speed at which they would recover." Instead of sounding apprehensive, the mech sounded strangle smug— even offering me a low chuckle. It made my spine tingle. "It won't be a problem— wait, where's Prime?"

I really struggled against the bind of the seatbelt this time in order to crane my neck to see out the window. Was Optimus not with them? Who had even shown up? Was it just Crosshairs?

I could hear something blow up behind us, and I watched as we were sprinkled with little pieces of dust and cement. They made a soft pinking noise as the ricocheted off the exterior of the car. The bot grumbled something under his breath before he slammed on the brakes. I stuck my hands out against the glovebox in order to brace myself as we lurched forward.

I was roughly tossed out of the vehicle, rolling across the pavement, skinning my elbows in the process. Slightly disorientated from the fresh new pain rolling in from my injuries along with my previous concussion, I just laid there on the asphalt.

Instead of driving off, however, the car suddenly transformed right in front of me. Hydraulics hissed and clicked open as the red Toyota shifted around and up to form a large robotic being. He spun around to face me, pointing his dark coloured blaster directly at me before facing down the highway where more explosions broke loose.

The weapon whirred and I felt a wave of heat fly in my direction. The heat stung my eyes, forcing them to start watering. It had an odd smell to it— one that wasn't very pleasant. 

"Stay here, sweetheart. We finally get to see some action." God— why didn't he just blow me into a little puddle on the highway? The red decepticon pulled another blaster from his side and aimed it out at the incoming smoke. "Hey, Runamuck! Keep an eye out from that Prime!"

Another round of explosions followed a sort of maniacal laughter. "He's not here! It's just those two other Autobots!" The white 'con— Runamuck— shouted back.

So Crosshairs and Drift had come. I pushed myself up into a sitting position, trying to catch a glimpse of any green or blue through the smoke. I could hear the distant sounds of bullets being fired and metal clanging, but it sounded much to faraway for me to see anything.