Chapter 3

Nick's POV
It was my first day at a new school. I was nervous beyond belief. I felt like I could get sick at any moment, which isn't good on your first day.
I knew nobody, and nobody knew me, I doubt anyone would take the time to get to know me. I had no friends at my old school, what makes me think it would change here? I got into my car and drove to the school. I was about thirty minutes early, I didn't care. I parked in the way back where no one would dare to park because of the hike they would have to do. I liked being alone though, I could do whatever I wanted to do. I can think about whatever I wanted to think about. My mom says I need to find a nice girl with the same interests as me, but thats next to impossible. Everyone, even some teachers think I'm fucking crazy. Maybe this school can bring me some luck. Maybe this school could bring me a beautiful girl with a broken heart for me to fix. Maybe...
I got out of my car and walked for about 4 minutes up to the door that I saw various people entering. I looked at my schedule and saw I had Psychology first period everyday. As I was walking, I saw people looking at me and laughing. And it begins...
"Hey faggot! Where'd you get your hair cut at? Faggot Cuts?" Some stupid jock had yelled, causing various people to laugh.
"Oh that must be where you got yours too." I smirked and walked away before he said anything. All was silent, more likely people never stood up for themselves, but I usually try to.
I found my class and sat down beside a kid that had two lips piercings, and black flippie hair just like mine, except mine was way longer.
"Names Johnnie. I'm guessing you're the new kid?"
"Yeah names Nick."
"Nice ta meet ya Nick."
"Oh my god Johnnie! You cannot guess- Oh.. Hi there." A girl with red hair, hazel-brownish eyes, and an adorable smile came in in a rush.
"Names Nick" I said shyly, trying to hide the fact that I was blushing.
"Hi I'm Abigail." She sat down in front of Johnnie and turned around to talk to us more.
"Okay so, me and Josh got back together last night, then ya now shit happened, and then this morning we were in the shower and I told him I cut, and he got all pissy and almost choked me so now we are over again." She said that with I think one breath? I couldn't tell.
"Woah woah what? You and Josh Dun?" Johnnie seemed pissed.
"Yes my ex."
"You two need to stop getting back together Gail"
"I know"
"No Gail, seriously he is a terrible fucking person"
(Author's Note-- I actually love Josh Dun xD --)
"But Johnnie."
"But nothing. Fucking stop"
"Fine! Enough about me, how do you like it here so far Nick." She gave me a smile, its more likely forced considering what she's going through but at least its a try.
"Well some fuckhead jock asked where I got my hair cut at and he said Faggot Cuts or some stupid shit, and I told him thats probably where he got his and came down here."
"If I could, I'd kiss you. I do not have the balls to stand up to anyone in this school."
I didn't know what to say, she said she'd kiss me. I was trying to hide the fact that I was blushing like crazy, but it wasn't working... I put my head down in embarrassment.
"Awh don't worry, we don't judge Nick." She put her hand on mine assuring me.
"Nobody really talked to me at my old school, this is all new to me..."
"Well I'm Abigail, that's my friend Johnnie, and there's others but we won't see them until lunch. You have us two." She smiled at me again and I saw something in her eyes... Something bad, like she was afraid, like was hiding more..
I wanted to get into her head... I wanted to see what was going on in that pretty little mind of hers. Was she abused? Raped? Abandoned? Mental hospital? Bullying?
Questions were racing through my mind making me forget that I was in class still.
"Yes! We have a substitute! We are talking all class!" Abigail seemed to be excited about this. As did I, but I kept my excitement content on the inside. Really on the inside there was a fucking circus performance.
"So Nick, got a girly friend?"
"No."
"Gail he said nobody talked to him."
"Well I was just curious!" She smacked him against his head and laughed. Oh god she has an adorable laugh too.. She's giving me butterflies, am I starting to like her?
"Nick, let me see your schedule." I handed her my schedule and she looked up and smiled.
"You have all the same classes with me and Johnnie! Yaaay!!!"
"Well that's good." I slightly smiled.
"Where are you coming from?"
"Utah"
"That far!?! What made you come to Ohio???"
"Mom's work.."
"No dad?"
"Left us"
"Well at least you have your mom. Both my parents left me my Freshmen year."
"I'm so sorry to hear that."
"Nah its all good. Want to come over later?"
"Uhh. Um. Uh yeah! Sure."
"Great just follow me to my house if you can." She smiled and started talking to Johnnie about her ex again. I zoned out, thinking about her. Her smile, laugh, her hair, her amazing voice.. God what am I thinking!?! She wouldn't date me. I'm a nobody.. We just met and she seems more into Johnnie.
I will never have a chance with that red haired beauty.