chapter five

Friday's are days where people can break out of the temporary prison called school, have an outrageous party that no one will remember the next day or maybe sing Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night" in your room in your underwear. Who knows? Friday's are unpredictable. They're also unique as everybody has different Friday's.

What about my Friday's? Well, it consisted of Perry and I dïcking around in the park.

Never thought I'd come back here again, but somehow Perry dragged me here. Yes, Perry and I have both apologised after my little outburst. I apologised for shouting at him and for being a dïck. He tried to come up with an apology, but I refused to receive one as I was in the wrong. He apologised anyway for being and as I quote, "The most attractive, coolest, sexiest, smartest and badass best friend with the greatest legs". He does have a great pair of pins. I try to remember where I got him from. Oh yeah. Our faith was destined by his hotdog craving and for my lack of coolness.

We were currently walking around aimlessly in the park, kicking an empty water bottle that someone so rudely littered. We were passing it back a forth to each other as we walked down the pathway side by side.

We were doing this for a good while. We're easily entertained. We started to get cocky and tried to do little tricks. Perry squished the bottle between his feet and tried to throw it up in the air because of his lack of skills in football, it hit a somewhat elderly man on the head. Perry apologised but only got a few murmurs from the elderly man saying that we're "useless teenagers", "hooligans", "is this what our future generation is?".  Despite his 1960's remarks, we continued to kick the bottle around.

This eventually stopped when Perry thought he was David Beckham shooting for a goal and kicked it through the bushes and into the small forestry that's in the park.

"Good job, Beckham. Almost won the World Cup there with a kick like that.", I said with obvious sarcasm.

"Hey. At least I know that I have a bomb ass kick.", he replied, ignoring my sarcasm as he is use to it by now. He started walking away from the forestry until I stopped him.

"Aren't you going to get that?".

"You seriously want me to go in there and get a flimsy bottle?"

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, obviously wanting him to get it. He eventually let out an annoying sigh.

"Fine! I'll get it. Only if your eco ass comes in with me.", he said pointing at me.

"You can be such a wine sometimes..", I complained, slapping his finger away.

We awkwardly walked through the shrubbery. There was small branches and itchy leaves scraping off of my exposed arms. I wanted to go back but then I would have to deal with Perry's annoying remarks on how it was pointless of getting it and that I needed to let go of this "hippy" vibe.

As a kid, I was on the Eco team for a good two years. For some reason, I was very passionate about keeping our school clean. Mrs. Wells, the eco team leader, taught me well. Maybe I was so into keeping our school clean, when I had that touching chewing gum under the table incident. My 9 year old life was screwed after that.

We got out of the brushes and was swallowed up by the forestry. Perry went off to find the bottle while I was too amazed by how the sun was beautifully splitting the trees, creating a peaceful atmosphere. I was also taken back because I felt like I know this place. It's annoying me that I don't know if I have been here or not..

"Found it!", Perry shouted, raising the crushed bottle like it was a trophy. "There's a hidden pathway here. We should follow it".

"I don't know, Per.. we could get lost in here". I tried to find excuses to get out of this place. Whatever it was.. this place gave me the shivers. The hairs at the back of my neck stood up. I had to know this place.