chapter three

"She sounds hot", my friend, Perry said. I told him the whole story about Benji and his sister. I haven't seen them in three days. Not like I was counting or anything.

I threw one of my pillows at my crude friend. I was lying on my bed while he was messing around on my swivel chair.

"Per, I'm being serious here.. and stop letting your pénis think for you."

Even though Perry was a good friend and gave somewhat good advice, he can get a bit side tracked when a girl is involved. For example..

*flashback*

We finally snuck into an underage party. Per told me that he "knew" the guy who was hosting it. Being the cocky fifteen year olds we were, we thought we might chat to a few girls there because apparently getting with older girls was "cool". Plus, I was pubescent and horny. What can I do?

It was only after I got punched in the face by a tank who was one of the girls boyfriends that this was a terrible idea and that I am an idiot.

I looked around for Perry with a bag of peas, that I so kindly helped myself to from the freezer, to my bruised eye.

I finally found him on a couch shoving his tongue down a poor girls throat. Kissing didn't look like that in the movies..

I tried to get his attention by shouting over the loud house music. He just simply shooed me away without removing his face from his unlucky victim.

I was fed up, tired and in pain so I started to leave the house on my own. I was just out of the door when I saw a girl sitting on a curb outside of the short driveway. All I could see was her perfectly styled curly brown hair and the back of her navy blue dress.

She must have felt my presence and turned around to face me. Her dark blue eyes matched the colour of the night sky.

"Had a rough night?", she said as she pointed to my bag of frozen peas pressed against my eye.

I was taken back as this girl was pretty like really pretty. She had a nice petite face with a button nose. 

"Yeah.. picking up girls at a party is a big no no.", I replied, walking closer to her.

"But that's the first rule of what not to do at a big party", she gasped falsely.

"Well if you don't go to a big house party then you're a püssy, as my friend Perry says."

I sat down beside her feeling comfortable with her already. It feels like I've known her forever even though we have only talked for a good two minutes. She seemed friendly enough. Not like those intoxicated girls inside who would regret everything that they have said and did to you the next morning.

"Your friend Perry sounds like fun.", I could sense some sarcasm in her voice. Every single word ran smoothly and softly as it left her mouth and every syllable was crisp and clear.

Her eyes were fixated onto mine. I couldn't take it looking at her straight in the face. I was blushing too much already. So I looked down at my lap and twiddled with my fingers. I seem to do that anytime I'm nervous or frustrated. It calms me down so I don't question it.

"Yeah, he is but he can be a real pain in the äss sometimes."

She laughed at my comment and I began to laugh with her. I could hear her laugh forever. It's like a beautiful melody playing in my ears. If only I could-

*flashback ends*

I stopped myself from going any further. I would have lost my mind if I thought about her again. Memories should be forgotten about. They should be left in the past where they belong. Not in the present.