Chapter 8: Family Isn't Always Blood

"Are you free for Tuesday?" I ask Y/N. "I'm going to the Game Hole for a few hours."
"Yeah! I'm totally free for Tuesday." I smile and tell Y/N good night and hang up the phone. As I shut my eyes, I feel something isn't right with the Nomicon. Like, something is possessing it, or something that is important is inside. I grab the book and open it to the same pages I open almost everyday. And I'm dropped into a water fall.
"Really, Nomicon? Really?" But suddenly. I see someone. It's not the First Ninja, but they are a Ninja. I get ready for an attack, but then I recognize this person. "Snowbird!" I yell out at her. But then I find that this Snowbird is older, and taller. She walks up to me and stares at me with her silver eyes.
"Hello, Dreamer Ninja of Norriseville," she says, her voice deep, but calm. I open my mouth to say something, but she rests her hand on my shoulder.
"You are no longer in the Nomicon. You are now dreaming," she says.     "You are no longer in the Nomicon. You are now dreaming," she says. "I am Shira, original protector of First Ninja. But, I passed before the battle between the Sorcerer." I could see sadness flicker in her eyes. I tilted my head to the side at the word "passed."
    Then, it hit me. She died before the final battle! "But I see you've met my apprentice, Snowbird? Clever girl." My attention was pressed back to Shira. I nod my head.
    "Yeah. But there's just something familiar about her..." I say, tapping my finger on my chin.
    "You know it's rude to not introduce yourself too." My face starts to turn red. What a shoot I am! I think to myself, and I face palm.
    "Sorry, I'm... Can I tell you my identity?" I ask nervously. Shira's eyes seem to smile for her mouth, which is covered by her black and white ninja mask. She nods.
    "Trust me, I know the Nomicon and the Nomicon knows me. It's ok to let me know who you really are." She said. I don't feel comfortable with this, but I do it anyways.
    "My name is Randy Cunningham." Shira blinks at me, as if wanting more on my life story. "I'm the 9th grade Ninja, and--" suddenly, Shira stops me and sits down. A table appears and tea. The water fall disappears and a tropical forest replaces it.
    "There, much, much better," Shira says. "Anyways, yes, I know that your a from the 9th grade, and that you are the Ninja. But what else is there in your life?" She seems to be pressing me to tell her every detail of me life! And that's wonking impossible.
    "Well, I do have a... Girlfriend? Yeah, it's a little weird sayin that about Y/N," I say, sitting in front of Shira. Her eyes blink at me multiple times.
    "Really? Hmm. Do you want to know my apprentice's name? I think you might like her," Shira says, pouring tea into a cup. I nod vigorously. My eyes widen.
    "Well, you already know her," Shira says. "But if I tell you her identity, you must not tell her yours, or say that you know her. Deal?" I blink at her in confusion.
    "But if I know her, and I see her, how come I cannot say that I know her as... What ever her name is?"
    "Believe me, Randy. You won't want to." Her eyes reflect sadness like a mirror. I sigh, but I nod in agreement. I make her the promise, and she gives me the cup of tea. "After I tell you, drink." I nod at that.
    "Her name is Y/N. Now, drink your tea." My mouth drops open and I do as I'm told and drink the tea, every drop. "It was good to meet you, Randy." I seem to fall asleep again, but find myself waking up in my bedroom. I hold my head with one hand and it feels like it's exploding.
    "Y/N... Is my protector?"

Sorry for such a short chapter guys... :P