Chapter One - Trespassing

"Cane? Cane, dear, it's time to get up if you are still going to go for a run in the woods," I wake to those words coming from my mom's mouth.

I shoot up and out of bed, "I'm up, I'm up!" I hurry over to my closet and start searching for some clothes to wear throughout the day.

"I'll see you down stairs in an hour and a half," she states as an order.

I look at my watch to check the time. About fifteen after three. "Okay mom," I finally reply.

She leaves the room and I finish finding my clothes for the day.

"Running outfit, check," I start to say aloud. "Casual wear, check. Pajamas, check." I sigh in approval, "Great!"

I start making my way to the bathroom. Thankfully it's in my room. I look into the mirror and see how messed up my dirty blond and orange hair is.

"Holy bed hair!" I exclaim.

I take my clothes off and put them to the side. I gladly turn the freezing shower on really hot just to make it warm up quicker. I change it back, so as to avoid burning myself.

"I love a good shower in the morning," I state as I space out and just let the water run down my body.

I start to wash my hair and body with soap and water, letting the water soak into my hair on its own to get the soap out. I turn the water off and grab my towel. After having it wrapped and tucked around me enough to keep it up, I walk out of the bathroom while brushing my slowly drying hair.

I look at the time and find it to be thirty minutes until I should be downstairs. I slip into some pink and black running pants, a matching sports bra, as well as a matching zip-up hoodie.

"Four twenty-five..." I mumble to myself as I plug in the blow dryer and start blow drying my hair.

I rub some mousse into my, now, dry hair and slip my hair into a pony tail. I put on some socks and running shoes and make it downstairs a second earlier than told.

"Great timing," mom comments.

"Thanks," I reply kindly.

"Here's some breakfast."

I begin to eat the delicacy mom had made and called breakfast.

"This is really good, mom," I comment.

She smiles, "Well, I'd hope so."

I giggle a little, "I'm going to head out now mom."

"Okay. Be safe!"

"I will mom."

I kiss her on the cheek and jog out the door. I jog for about five minutes into the woods then decide to walk for a while and take in the scenery. I hear a twig split behind me. I stop moving. Then, a growl to my left signaled that whatever is watching me isn't human. I look to my left and see a huge, black Timber Wolf.

My mom used to always say that I shouldn't go more than an hour into the woods because that's where the wolves sleep. I'd never actually seem a wolf up close. The predator is deadly beautiful. What a magnificent creature that just might kill me before I see another glimpse of daylight.

I muster enough strength to keep myself from screaming. It looks as if it is about to kill me. The Timber Wolf seems to be looking me directly in my eyes. The wolf takes a stance I know well enough because I've watched so many animal documentaries. I run in the direction of my house just as it leaps up in the air to pounce on me. I keep running, faster than I've ever ran before. Not three minutes of running at this speed do my legs start to ache but I keep running for the very reason that I want to live. I look behind me and see that the wolf's speed and the length of his legs are allowing him to catch up to me. I see the clearing of the forest and feel myself running even faster with greater adrenaline. I then feel pain throughout my body and collapse at the edge of the forest.