Idek

Ashley's P.O.V

Man up, do it.

I held the phone close to my face staring down Andy's contact. My index finger hovered above the small green phone. You two are friends and even if you feel this way about him, he doesn't know that.

He doesn't even feel the same way about you, so you don't have to imagine tension between you and yourself. Just call him. It's not even that hard.

All you gotta do is hit that little button and his voice will come through the line.

It's not even hard.

Andy's P.O.V

Okay so enough of that. I'm going out by myself today. I'm going to have fun and be myself to the fullest because a small thing like this shouldn't be bothering me.

I threw my phone, still open to YouTube, on the couch next to me and marched to my room to get out of these sweats. I had literally been using them for so long, they needed a wash as soon as possible.

I came back out of the room a while later, having taken a shower and gotten dressed. I chose a misfits muscle shirt, a black denim vest, a pair of skin tight black jeans, and my favorite lace up boots. I was going to be myself today.

I didn't want to go to a movie alone, and the park wasn't very appealing, so the mall would be alright. Saying goodbye to Crow, I took my cell phone and stuffed it in my pocket.

My truck was waiting for me outside in its usual parking spot, so I raced down the stairs with a smile on my face. It was hard sometimes to keep up the positivity but today I was going to try my hardest.

I found my truck and climbed into the driver's spot. It was sort of warm inside because it had been sitting in the sunlight the whole morning. So before I went off, I rolled down all the windows. Windows down sounded most appropriate for the summer.

Vince Neil's voice was playing in the background as I put both hands on the wheel ready to leave. I had a feeling in my heart that told me it was going to be a good day today. I was going to get back into the swing of things.

A smile appeared on my face as I changed the truck from parking to drive.

A different song from the one that was playing drove me out of my thoughts as I realized my phone was ringing.

I knit my eyebrows together as I put the truck back into parking.

Ashley's P.O.V

Please pick up. Please don't hate me. I don't want you to hate me. Please just pick up your phone. Don't hate me. Be okay, please be okay. Don't ha-

"Hello?" His voice came through the line. My heart stopped for a minute and then started to hammer against my chest.

"Andy?" I asked breathlessly.

There was hesitation on the other side of the line. "Ashley are you okay?"

"Yes! I'm fine! I was just worried about you," not a lie at all, "and wanted to know if you were okay."

"Yeah I'm alright. I just... I'm good."

"You said you had an appointment. What happened?"

"Oh." He said simply, clearing his throat afterwards. "It was just one of those yearly checkups at the clinic you know? Nothing big."

A huge breath of relief escaped my lips as all possibilities of him being hurt were discarded from my head. "Okay, I was a little worried when you didn't contact me the next couple of days."

"No, I'm okay. I'm fine. Don't worry about me, I'm okay." He kept repeating it.

I'm okay. I'm fine. Don't worry.

"Wanna hang out?" He said all of a sudden.

I felt myself involuntarily smiling. "Sure."

There was a pause before he answered. "Okay cool, I'll pick you up in five."

"See you then."

Andy's P.O.V

Wanna hang out? Wanna hang out? Wanna hang out?! I thought I was going to have a day with myself, just being myself. What happened to that? Why did I asked him if he wanted to hang out with me?

If only he knew how I felt about him he wouldn't have agreed to hang out. If only he knew about my thoughts on his dates with his mystery girl. If only he knew that the only thought of him with someone else broke my heart.

I shook my head. "Snap the fuck out of it." I murmured to myself.

I was doing good, and I'm going to continue to do good. Even with Ashley there, I will be happy and I won't break under his words or run away. He must not know about any of my feelings. I'm going to be fine.

I took big breaths, concentrating. In and out, in and out. I'll be all good.

Putting my hand again on the wheel, I turned the truck from parking to drive and headed towards mom's house.

I knew exactly what I would find when I got there. Ashley would be sitting on the front steps, hello kitty cased iPhone in hand waiting for me to arrive. He would be looking out into the street aimlessly, wearing his black cowboy boots.

I knew it. I could almost picture it now. But I didn't want to. I wanted to see him just as a friend just as my stepbrother.

Just like he saw me.

No, Andy, no. I stepped on the gas and speeded the whole way to the house.

A/N:
Yo hello! 1.05k?! You guys are legit the best. <3 Thanks so much. The fact that people are actually reading makes me feel so happy.

I had to rewrite one of the chapters named Watch Them Fall, Divided bc wattapd was being mean and it got erased for some reason. :) I just hope it makes sense. :)

Again thank you so much! ^_^ I hope you guys liked this chapter.

-Michelle