Fatal Final

Ashley's P.O.V

A giggle broke out from dad's mouth. The smile on his face turned my heart inside out. It was unsettling. I didn't know what this was all about.

"Oh Ash. Honey you were nervous?" He asked coming over to where I was seated.

I nodded nervously bitting my lip so hard I almost drew blood. He motioned for me to stand up and so I did. My heart was hammering against my chest. His eyes carried something I wasn't able to understand.

He placed a hand on my shoulder as I felt Andy stand up from his seat behind me. I could almost see the smile on his face even though I wasn't facing him.

"Ashley, you don't have to be nervous about this. Honey, listen to me." He paused until I nodded, signaling to him that I was giving him my full attention. "All I want for you in life is to be happy. It doesn't matter if you don't get married with a girl to have beautiful babies of your own if you're not happy. It doesn't matter if you didn't go to college and got some corporate job. Do you know how many people grow up in lives that make them miserable?"

I stared at him, my heart dancing around in my chest. I was beyond happy. He actually approved of my sexuality and he wasn't making me leave his sight. I wasn't going to lose my family. They were all here for me.

"There are so many people out there who pretend to be something they're not because they want to fit into these molds that society has built over the years. Break the mold, Ash. You don't have to be like everybody else." He smiled. "I'm not going to rob you from your happiness. If you like both boys and girls, that's fine with me. If it makes you happy to date a man, that is okay."

He stopped to look at Andy who was still standing behind me. I turned as well to find him smiling from ear to ear with a look of love in his eyes.

"And if you and Andy want to be more than just friends, if you see him as so much more than just a stepbrother, then you have my blessing. So to speak, I mean." He chuckled. "What better man for my son than Andy. He's a great man Ash." He said to me with a smile.

Amy stood up and came to stand next to her husband. Her smile was dazzling. She winked at me as if to say "I told you it was all going to be alright." She was a joy.

"Thanks dad." I murmured.

"Oh don't thank me. I'm your dad Ashley. I will love you no matter what." He opens his arms wide for a hug and embraced me lovingly. "Never forget that."

"I won't."

He released me from the tight embrace with a pat on the back and a smile. I returned it.

Then next came Amy. She wrapped her arms both around me and Andy, trapping both of us in a bear hug. I could feel all of her love being transmitted into that hug. She was happy for us. She had been our secret weapon. Our "I'll always be there".

Before releasing us she came close to our ears. "I ship it." She whispered.

Andy and I exchanged a glance.

"Now don't sweat it. Let's go get some food at the store so we can make some dinner and eat together. Okay?" He said starting for the door.

"Don't worry about it Roger, Ash and I got it. Right Ash?" Andy said with one of his convincing smiles.

Dad looked at him with a smile on his face and wiggled his eyebrows. Andy and I got red in the face simultaneously as we back away into the outside world. What parents...

A/N:
Kind of a short chapter. But I just didn't want to add too much to this kind of important event, I guess you could say. ^-^ lol words.

Just wanted to let you guys know how greatful I am. All of those girls and guys who read, comment, and vote don't go unnoticed. I see you. ^-^ °-°

Also I have finally done the research and everything to finally prove what I've been trying to prove for the past months. Finally, I can say with all certainty that Josh Dun is most definitely Josh Fun.

-Michelle