Chapter 2

Tallys POV

I entered the building in hopes of avoiding Justin. With no luck he was already waiting for me at my locker.

"Hey."

I looked at him and began to put my combination in.

"You know the respectful way to respond to someone who says hello is to say hello back." He paused then looked at me. "Oh wait you can't because you're a freak."

I wanted to give him a few choice words but I couldn't and I don't think they'll be as affective written on a board.

"Let's go."

I followed him to our class. Yesterday every teacher made sure I knew the basics of the buddy system. I couldn't leave Justin's side that meant sitting next to Justin in every class, Unfortunately even lunch. 

I walked into the cafeteria for the second time and it was still just as crazy. I was used to silence considering my old school was filled with kids either deaf or mute. This place was like a jungle and the kids were crazy.

I packed my lunch so I figured I'd be able to sneak away from Justin while he was in the lunch line, but nope that wasn't happening.

"Hey! Let's go."

I signed him "Where are we going?", but it was no use.

"I don't know what you're saying use the god damn white board or don't say shit." He smirked at his sentence. "Not that you ever could."

I was getting tired of his nonstop jokes about my being mute. I grabbed the board and wrote down my question.

"Tuesdays me and my friends go to subway for lunch and now so do you."

I tried to back away but he grabbed my arm. "You're coming with me. There's no way I'm having the principal on my ass for losing you or leaving you."

I looked back and thought if I ran would people help me? I couldn't exactly scream. And chances were Justin ran faster than me. I had no choice but to go with him.

"Don't be a baby."

We went out to his car and I got in the passenger seat.

Did he even have his licence? I wrote my question on the board and held it up. 

He didn't even look at it. 

I started to shake it around but he still didn't notice. Out of options I lifted the board and brought it down on his head. 

He sat up abruptly and let out a curse word as je gripped his head. Then he turned to me. "If you do that shit again talking won't be the only thing you're incapable of doing."

I had to admit that hurt. All of his joking about my disability hurt and I couldn't even voice my opinion to anyone. I just sat back and waited for us to pull up to subway. 

Justin and his friends were already at a table. I sat down as Justin went to place his order. They were all huge and judging by the jersey's all played hockey. 

"So how about you tell us about yourself?" Asked a big blond one.

I thought at first he was being serious until he broke out into fits of laughter. "Oh wait you can't."

"C'mon Ryan don't be so ignorant."

I was about to thank the brown head kid before he made another joke. "It's not her fault she's a freak."

Then of course the last kid couldn't go without saying something. "Guys leave her alone. For all we know she could be a great singer."

They all fell into fits of laughter and I was on the verge of tears. 

I got up and moved to another table and silently ate my lunch.

"All guys you made her move."

"Well next time she should tell us how she feels." They all began to laugh again.

When I was done eating I didn't even bother to wait for Justin. While he was occupied with his crew of douche bags I snuck out. The school was only two blocks away so it didn't take me long to get there.

For the rest of the day i managed to avoid Justin until I reached my locker.

Don't try pulling that shit again. I almost got caught and that's gonna be on you if I get in trouble for leaving the special kid around."

So many things popped in my mind to say but I couldn't. Instead he walked away.

I hated this school.

When I reached home I went straight to my room. Then a plan popped in my head. If Justin wanted to make my life miserable I was going to make his miserable.