Chapter 20

Tally's POV

The next day after school I went to the mall with Danielle. Justin had been texting all day but I decided not to answer. I wanted my mind to be completely off of him so I also decided to not tell Danielle what happened. I didn't tell anyone what happened. I had also made sure Justin didn't by making those the last words I've spoken to him this morning.

"So Tally what's been going on? You've been sad a lot lately."

'Nothing I'm fine. Just some things with friends.' I signed to her.

"Well  sure this day will take your mind off of everything."

We went from store to store trying on things and shopping until we dropped. In the end like all of our mall trips we ended up I. the food court. I took a seat with my slice of pizza across from Danielle. I wasn't really hungry so I just moved it around and played with the cheese.

"Oh c'mon Tally you can't be upset forever. I mean any guy who leaves a note in a girls locker to meet him then sets her up is clearly an asshole and not right for you."

My body went stiff and i just stared at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

'How did you know he left a note in my locker?' I signed.

"What do you mean everyone knows."

'No one knows. We didn't anyone.' Before she could respond I got out of my seat and texted Justin. To meet me at the park.

...

I watched Justin approach me and I rose from the bench.

"What's so urgent?"

Tally
Did you tell people about what happened?

"No I would never spread a rumor about something I didn't do. Why?"

Tally
Because I was out with Danielle and she knew about it. Like everything.

"Well then there you go she set me up."

I shook my head and began to pace. 

Tally
I don't think she'd do that. I mean she's my best friend.

"Okay she may be your best friend but she hates me. She'd do anything to keep me away from you."

Tally
Okay well if she did do it how would be prove it?

"You know what I don't know and frankly I don't you. You know tally. I thought that the kiss and the listening to your problems and treating you well would show you how I truly felt about you but clearly I was wrong."

My mouth was wide open in shock and I was planted in my spot. Justin had already walked away and by the time Just caught up to what had happened he was gone.

...

Justin's POV

The next day at school I felt deflated. I wanted to apologize to Tally but tell at her more. I wanted scream and rip Danielle's head off for what she did. Instead I couldn't do anything.

As I turned from my locked I bumped right into Dustin. "Hey why don't you watch where your going?"

"Whatever." As Dustin stood up he looked me up and down. "So what you finally pushed Tally to the curb?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh please. I saw how close you two were getting. And now your here without her."

"Look I don't have to explain myself to you. I mean why do you care what I do anyway"

"Because thanks to you I have no chance with Tally. All because she fell in love with you and your just playing her."

"What are you talking about? Tally doesn't like me. She doesn't even trust me."

"Well if that's what you think then you're truly screwed up in the head." Then he walked away bumping me on the shoulder.

Although I was as still as rock. I didn't know if I should believe Dustin or push the thoughts away.

Sorry this is so short I wrote it in class.