Chapter 2

***CHAPTER 2_

Kyle. I dreamt about that boy again. I couldn't remember what he had said, but I could envision his face easily.

A faint knock rang through my head. My eyes fluttered open and I slowly got up, groaning at the way my muscles ached. I stepped on something soft that was laying on the floor. I moved my foot to see what it was. The teddy bear. Justin's bear. I was sleeping with it. I must have dropped it or something.

I picked it up and flattened my hair with my hands a bit before walking to the door so I could open it.

Mrs. James was standing there patiently. "How did you sleep?"

I nodded. "Good."

"Would you care for some breakfast Sweetheart."

"I would love some, thanks. Let me just put on decent clothes."

I shut the door quietly and rushed to my suitcase. The clothes I picked were nothing too formal, but they were presentable. I didn't want Mrs. James thinking I walked around my house naked or something.

After changing, I put my hair in a messy bun and sauntered to the kitchen. I was in no hurry.

Dustin was already sitting there, eating quietly. As soon as he saw me though, he smirked, causing waves of anger to radiate from my body.

I sat down at an empty spot and didn't even bother acknowledging him. I had meant what I said yesterday. He wasn't worth talking to.

After I finished eating I stood up and headed to the hallway, adding a quick, "Thank you," to Mrs. James before I turned the corner.

"Hey Crystal wait!" I heard Dustin and paused for a second, not turning around.

He walked up behind me, and I heard him take a breath. "I'm sorry about yesterday." He suddenly said, and I waited, still not turning to face him.

"Uh... It was wrong and I know you're going through a tough time." He added.

Thinking, I turned around slowly, and noticed tears falling down Dustin's face.

"He was my brother... Did you think it's not hard for me as well?" He asked taking a step closer.

I blinked away a few tears of my own and shook my head. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's a hard time for all of us. Just don't act like you're the only one." He walked up all the way to me, and put a hand on my cheek, the way Justin use to do when I was upset.

I wanted to say something else, but as my mind came up blank, all I could do was fling my arms around his neck and start crying. He pulled me closer and he rubbed my back, letting out a few tears of his own.

"You should be getting ready for class." Dustin said, pulling away slowly.

I shook my head. "They'll understand I don't want to go." I said, as Dustin wiped a few tears from my cheeks.

"But you still need to go." He said, his voice still soft.

"I don't think I should." I said, stiffening.

"Fine. Do you have a job?" He asked and took my hand in his own before walking to the door.

"No, where are we going?" I pulled my hand away.

"To the park." He answered, turning to look at me again. He held out his hand again, "Please? I wanna get to know you. Since I never really met you before."

I took his hand again and we walked out, Dustin calling out a bye to Mrs. James.

I got in his car and made myself as comfortable as possible. "So what park are we going to?"