Part Eight

JACQUELINE

Here I am, sitting alone on my velvety soft couch watching Grey's Anatomy on StarWorldHD, I can just follow Amber and enter her house, meeting her sisters and brothers. I thought to myself. Nahh, but I can't, I don't want students to know that I'm in relationship with Amber. Wait? Are we in relationship? Hmm, I don't know. I keep thinking loudly, not even giving attention to my favourite TV drama. Then, I decided to text her.

Me: Can we just keep texting?

She replied on the spot.

Amber: No.

Me: Okay, but why not?

Amber: You are driving, text me when you get home.

Me: Guess what?

Amber: What?

Me: I'm already home.

Amber: Oh okay.

Me: So, can I text you?

Amber: Yeah, why not.

Me: Watcha doing? Still eating pizza?

Amber: Yeah, with my dad and mom, they are coming back from work when we are just starting to eat our pizza, and they join us. Haven't feel like this for such a long time, you know dinner with family.

Yeah, I haven't feel like that since I am 15.

Me: Oh okay, I guess, I give you time to eat and spending quality time with family. Text me when you are done.

Amber: Eh, no. that's not what I meant.

Me: Never mind, go spend time with Mr. Lee Zee Jian.

Amber: You remember my dad's name. Haha.

Me: Okay. Don't reply me now. Text me later, okay?

Amber: Okay.

Me: Okay.

Amber: Okay.

I don't reply her at last. Continue focusing on my TV, but unfortunately, the show had finished, so I switch to another channel and found nothing interesting, and then I switch to radio channel, LiteFm, Late Night Love Song.

REESE

"After you guys graduated, I'm sending you guys abroad to study meds, so you can take over my business when I'm gone." Dad said.

"You are not going anywhere dad." Adam said, frowning.

"Yeah plus I don't want to further plastic, dad." Christ paused for a while. "I want to be an Orthopaedic Surgeon, just like Callie, erghh sexy."

"Me either. I want to take Paediatrics. Taking care of children, they are so adorable." Lucy expressed her feeling. So, I guess, it's me who need to become Plastic Surgeon. I was taken aback when Adam says something to dad.

"Is that true, Zachary?" Dad asked. I looked at him. And I asked Lucy what happened; she said 'Zach wants to be Plastic Surgeon, so you are safe.' I take a deep breath, relived.

"So that means, nobody is going to take my legacy?" Mom asked and staring directly into my eyes.

"I want to be a neurosurgeon." I said, brief and pack. "So, where are you going to send us?" I asked.

"UK perhaps." Dad answered nonchalantly while looking at his phone some business. Then after few minutes, he looks at me and said. "Yea, UK."

"If I want to further my study in Boston? I mean, they have MIT, BU, and Harvard."